Hard Knocks Discussion

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Berezo, Nov 21, 2023.

1. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Technically, SHE caught his nachos with her hand and fingers as she was flailing and caused them to dump. That guy was a weirdo though.

I actually like McDaniel more now.

KeyFin likes this.
  2. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    I re watched it with my wife and two teenage daughters. Either I'm a bi@*h or they have cold blackened hearts because not one of them cried.

VManis, KeyFin and resnor like this.
  3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Well, they're women, so yeah, cold blackened hearts come standard. LMFAO

4. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Clip from the next episode.

resnor and KeyFin like this.
  5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    VanGinkel's kids are adorable.

6. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

When Van Ginkel scored and McDaniel said to Ramsey "that's how you do it" I nearly lost it. You can also see how much players love McDaniel, the bit with Waddle standing behind him with his hands on McDaniel's traps, shaking him while talking to him is only something I've ever done with friends.

7. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    It is obvious they love the coach and each other. Last episode Sieler and Wilkins were acting like school girls when Hand got his sack they were so happy for him.

8. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm glad they shined some light on Gink and the work he's doing.

9. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    When a wide-open Tyreek Hill had to adjust to the ball in the air before catching a long touchdown pass on Sunday, it looked to many observers like a bad throw by Tua Tagovailoa. It looked that way to Hill, too, until he got another look.

As documented on this week’s Hard Knocks, immediately after scoring the touchdown, Hill asked Tagovailoa on the field why he made the touchdown pass harder than it needed to be.

“What kind of throw was that? Don’t do that again,” Hill said to Tagovailoa.

But when the Dolphins’ coaches went over the play with Hill and Tagovailoa on their tablets on the sideline, Hill admitted that he was the one who ran the wrong route, and Tagovailoa threw it to where Hill was supposed to be.

“That’s perfect. You know what? I’m wrong, bro. I can admit when I’m wrong,” Hill told Tagovailoa.

Hill may be the only receiver in the NFL fast enough to blow past the secondary with so much room to spare that he can run to the wrong place and then get to the right place while the ball is still in the air, without getting caught from behind.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  10. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    He's going to get paid next year. With Phillips returning, I'm betting Gink gets his from another team.

[​IMG]

KeyFin likes this.
  11. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    How long did AVG sign for this past year? I thought they got him for a couple years.

12. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    He's on a one-year contract.

13. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Yeah, I was honestly surprised we got him back. I'm glad he's going to get the bag, even if we lose him. Hopefully, he drives the price way up from here. If he does leave, I just hope he doesn't go somewhere within the division.

dolphin25 likes this.
  14. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    going to be impossible to keep this team together. Hopefully, the salary cap goes up 50 million a season :)

resnor and OwesOwn614 like this.
  15. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    This is going to be unwatchable. Hopefully this team starts worrying more about finishing games than choreographing cringeworthy celebrations.

resnor, dolphin25, Finatik and 2 others like this.
  16. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I thought the same thing. Just stop. Maybe use that practice time to ummm practice.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  17. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    Hard Knocks is starting to feel more like Survivor. Who are we losing this week?

dolphin25 and Finatik like this.
  18. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    As much as I don't want to see it, I'll have to watch. I'm really interested to hear how Mike McDaniel responds to this loss. I was talking to my brother in law about it before last night's game and we were discussing how much of a personality he's become as a head coach in this league and what a good job he's done. I also noted people are probably only enjoying his antics right now because he's winning and that the schtick would get old REALLY fast if the team starts losing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to flip flop on this coach after one loss, albeit a terrible loss. I still think he's doing a phenomenal job and I hope he has a very long career as the Miami Dolphins head coach. But I'm also very curious to see how he conducts himself after a loss like this. I think a big problem with last night's game is the players were having too much fun. It's such a fine line, and obviously McDaniel's style has been mostly positive for this team. But when things get lax and players start having too much fun; i.e., start worrying more about choreographing celebrations than playing football, then the coach has to reign it in.

I'm sure all of us have experience with a teacher that was too nice, a boss that was too relaxed, etc. It's nice for awhile, but eventually the inmates start running the asylum.

Will McDaniel be able to reign it in and not lose the locker room? I sure hope so. Hard Knocks will give us some good insight.

resnor likes this.
  19. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    What are his antics that you speak of?

20. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Nothing too crazy revealed as to why we had such a poor performance. I will say Mike McDaniel repeatedly said that energy during practice was low on back to back days. Tua also seemed to have a bad day or two at practice this week. There wasn’t much insight to why our defense completely folded with 4:30 left in the game. Watching hard knocks just made me depressed/aggravated all over. Maybe I should have skipped this episode.

resnor and MonstBlitz like this.
  21. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    This show is great after a win, and torture after a loss. I agree with Berezo, nothing really too much gained into why they lost. I'll be very interested to see next week's show in all of these team meetings and practices after this loss. And see how they respond against the Jets.

resnor likes this.
  22. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I don't like the McDaniel quote at the end of the show where he says something to the tune of "we need to be playing our best ball going into the playoffs whether it's here or somewhere else". Didn't sit right with me.

23. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yeah, I'm sure he wasn't prepared with losing remarks after the way the game unfolded. Still, not a good look. I'd rather he have ripped into the players a little bit for celebrating early. Such a bad look, I hope they're all embarrassed and angry.

resnor likes this.
  24. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I love him as a coach, but his play calling is really starting to wear on me. I hate these sideway and behind the line plays.

resnor and Dan S like this.
  25. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    Just got around to watch the latest episode. The coaches were definitely taking the Titans seriously. The players not so much. The offense really had a bad week in practice and it showed on Monday. Hopefully we get a happier ending next episode.

resnor likes this.
  26. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    disagree. it was 100% the right thing to say.

Puka-head likes this.
  27. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Episode 5 is the best one so far imo! Sieler and Wilkins are pure comic gold, hope we can resign Wilkins to keep them together! Sieler is one of my favorite players anyway, love those underdog stories! Berrios life long Dolphins fan playing for his team finally and I loved McDaniel in this one the most too. Lots of great things in this weeks episode.

28. M1NDCRlME

M1NDCRlME Fear The Spear

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando
    That seems like a genuine honest friendship between Wilkins and Sieler. Thye were cracking me up with the jokes, salt and pepper, oreos, etc.

dolphin25, resnor, Berezo and 2 others like this.
  29. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I think he gave the right message. We were overconfident, played lax, and it bit us. But at the same time, we sat Tyreek knowing that he wasn't needed against the Jets, so they kept the confidence but lost the arrogance. It may have been a very good loss for this team to bring them down to Earth just enough for this final stretch.

I think we beat the brakes off of Dallas- I feel it in my bones!

dolphin25, resnor, RGF and 2 others like this.
  30. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I agree, Tennessee was a "lesson learned " loss.
    Dallas is a really good team but the Dolphins are better.
    I'm sure they want to end that nagging "can't beat a good team" narrative also.
    Not to mention a W also means a post season spot will be secured. Let's get it done. !

31. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The thing with the NFC is that they have 3 teams above .500 and the rest below .500...meaning that there's very little competition going on. Philly has dropped 3 in a row, Dallas hasn't been impressive lately, and I really think they're all over-hyped outside of San Fran. Miami hasn't had a tough schedule on paper, but our losses (outside Tenn) has come from last year's Super Bowl teams and Buffalo.

I just don't think Dallas is all that. They're a good team, sure, but they're about to get punched in the mouth. Tyreek needs a big game to stay on pace for 2k yards and Tua is very salty this week...it's going to be a show.

resnor and RGF like this.
  32. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    We have to keep this pair together. I really hope we can somehow keep Wilkins…you can see how much energy he brings to practices and games. We need him.

dolphin25, resnor, RGF and 2 others like this.
  33. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Salty Tua, yeah, he does seem to have more of an edge to him this past week.
    Hope it carries onto the field and I believe it will.

34. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The thing I like about “Salty Tua” is his attitude seems to be “measured”. You can tell he has a case of the a$$ but he doesn’t let it control him.

Puts determination and a fire in his eyes to prove himself and shut the critics up.

RGF and KeyFin like this.
  35. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That and his head coach, that told him if he was asked about anything other than Dallas, to reply with "F%@# off!" Salty McDaniel too!

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  36. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    [​IMG]

37. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016

That’s cool. I would wear that, lol

dolphin25 likes this.
  38. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I like it, but I definitely wouldn't wear it, LOL.

dolphin25 likes this.
  39. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I have it and I wear it!!!!

dolphin25 and Fishhead like this.
  40. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Dude I HOPE SO! My buddy is a Dallas fan lol