1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Knocks Fallout

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jun 14, 2012.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Thats a pretty gutsy and confident decision by the first year HC.Its apparent that he wants to put his stamp on this team early on and show the NFL pundits that the Miami Dolphins are relevant again.:up:

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Not that my opinion has been formed because of the Hard Knocks appearance, but I like the moxy Philbin seems to have. There's just something about the guy from what I've seen, heard, read etc. Plus the fact the guy took on a job immediately after his son died.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This is obvious to me..

We have a very confident coach that wants to show the world what kind of work ethic his team will display, what direction the team is heading in, how in control he will be, and that he's isn't scared in the least to show how he leads a franchise..pretty badass confidence if you ask me..bring that sh&$ on.

I believe the message to the team was clear and consise, this is our time to show everyone that they don't have a fu&$ ing clue as to who we are, but let's let them find out..

I was listening to Jimmy Wilson in an interview the other day, it was clear that he was prepped as towhat this show is going to be all about.."our work ethic" was his exact quote.

This is our time to show everyone and the media outside of our circle, that they don't know anything about us, and to make them look as stupid as possible..Even some members that I respect don't have a clue, this show is perfect, with perfect timing,to stick the bird right up in their ignorant TMZ faces.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Its weird the author of the quoted article calls it "fallout". That seems overly negative for Bush only "being on the fence" about Hardknocks.

These are the little things writers do to start influencing the readers.

5. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]If your going to do hard knocks you might as well do it you can benefit the most from it.
    Ck put it best, as always......
    [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
    Setting the precedents early.

[/FONT]

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    when does it start, August?

7. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I thought I had read somewhere last week that is was going start on August 3rd, Sethdaddy8. But, everywhere I looked just now says TBD. I think it's safe to say sometime August, but it looks like they haven't scheduled it yet.

8. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    thank goodness for DVR and I just turned on HBO (it's on HBO right?)

9. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I heard August 7th.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk.

10. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    He wasn't my first choice, but I'm gaining respect for Philbin. He seems more and more like a good coach. However, I'm reserving final judgement until I see how his team actually performs on the field, especially against tougher competition. I've gotten my hopes up for new coaches before, only to be let down.

But, I like what I'm hearing/seeing so far.

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Sweet. Even if they play it 100 times I just like to start it when I can because I don't watch a ton of TV anymore so it'll be rare I'll be right there when it starts.

12. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I was weary at first but I'm liking the guy. I'm just glad we didn't end up with Fisher.

13. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Seems like he knows how to prepare and motivate. He's not a play-caller, but hopefully a game manager though.

14. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Philbin has continued to impress me to a greater degree daily, I absolutely love the fact that this was Philbn's decision as opposed to Mr. Ross. Philbin seems to have a quiet confidence that I believe will endear the players to him, instill discipline, and foster extraction of the best each player has deep within. Philbin seems to me to not want to hear a player tell him he can do this or that, rather I suspect Philbin is going to only believe what the player actually shows on the field.

Not having much to rely upon, I still get the feeling that players will ultimately demonstrate a willingness to run through a brick wall for Philbin if asked to. Philbin will have earned the player's respect, not screamed at about it (Saban), not asked for it (Sparano) nor hoped for it like Cam Cameron. Philbin seems to be the type of HC that will earn the respect of his players.

I know, I'm not a psychologist credentialed to be espousing these traits upon Philbin, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol:

Disnardo likes this.
  15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    August 7th is the start date and there is a total of five episodes, I believe.

16. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    http://www.finheaven.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Miami-Dolphins

Tony was fired a year maybe two years too late .

17. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The real problem with keeping Tony was his situation meant younger players would not play enough to develop.

This was one of the problems with running the team from the bunker in Davie.