1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard not to miss this fire

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-O, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    I can't believe you don't remember that incident with him. She didn't press charges, of course- she needs the funds and that's what those hoes do, what's a slap in the face and tough talk from your sugar daddy when you need new shoes or boobs.

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It's pretty sad to see the video. Landry needs to get a grip. It was a padded practice too. Looked like incidental contact, no big deal really and he gets up and just rifles the ball at a guys head. It's pretty pathetic really. I have no issues with his fire or passion, but he crosses the line far too often.

miami365 likes this.
  3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    What Jarvis did was go off on a rant in a locker room that was essentially a passive brag on himself. That's not holding anyone accountable. That's not good leadership. When you have a history of making bad choices that hurt your team, you probably shouldn't be yelling at your teammates for the things they do that hurt the team.

miami365 and rafael like this.
  4. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Did you think Ryan’s incident with practice squad guys where he insulted practice squad guys paychecks was a passive brag on his end?

Can’t have it both ways because you like one guy better than the other

5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Actually, I don't think there's any similarity between Tannehill making a comment at a bunch of no names being jerks and Landry ranting at teammates.

The only reason you do is because of personal feelings.

And I bought my son a Landry Jersey last year, not a Tannehill one, so, there's that.

More importantly, I didn't point to that comment by Tannehill and try to argue that he was displaying leadership.

6. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Right. I forgot.

I hate the starting QB of my fav sports team.

Keep forgetting that narrative.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO you see a consistent pattern of selfishness and bragging on the part of Landry while you see a consistent pattern of humbleness and self-sacrifice in Tannehill. That's why people like one more than the other. It's rarely about just one instance or incident.

mbsinmisc, miami365, Fin D and 2 others like this.
  8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Where did I say that you hate Ryan Tannehill?

9. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    I think that’s inherent with Wrs vs QBs, they fit in with their position narratives.

Teams are fighting a losing battle trying to find a good WR who isn’t selfish or brags. Simply not very many of those guy’s.

Sceeto and resnor like this.
  10. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Whatever “personal feelings” you are thinking comes into play in my thoughts on this.

11. Irishman

Irishman Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2017
    High Point, NC
    I'm glad you clarified that. I thought you were talking about his emotional misfires on the field.

12. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    your right i d did say in a post i have no idea the whole outcome, im not defending a guy im saying how rt handled it was bad, of course the guy missing an assignment should be put on notice but by coaches thats what they are there for Rt is not a 3 time mvp superbowl winner or even an above avg pro bowl qb so he has no right yelling at guys he himself doesnt know the game as well as he should so im saying he has no right to do that in a huddle in front of the whole team. if gase wants to do it or the rb coach then ok thats his job. is all im saying

13. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You mean, you didn't appreciate me making that comment? Kind of like how you assume that I dislike Landry?

Fin D likes this.
  14. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    If you don't know the whole situation, how can you possibly feel that you can comment on whether it was right or wrong? That's the whole point.

bigballa2102 and Fin D like this.
  15. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Not going down this road with you. Those days are gone and it’s a breath of fresh air that they are.

Enjoy the season

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If you get a chance to watch some browns reps and Landry, so check it, and it kinda shows you something about what is going on and why his personality might not be the right type of teammate, so he mad pe this crack block around the five yard line, essentially a sucker punch block, his guy really wasn’t the main guy that could of made the play, anyways the guy scored, and Landry sees it, so instead of running to the back to celebrate, he looks directly at the sideline, charges towards them beating his chest with one hand symbolizing, “ see what I did, thats me that caused that”

Can’t stand this little pric.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    fin13, resnor, Irishman and 1 other person like this.
  17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    my early impression is that they did a good job of finding wrs who are good and aren't selfish or braggarts. So to answer the original question, no i don't find it hard to miss his "fire".

Irishman likes this.