1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardly a throw-in: Dolphins have big plans for ILB Tim Dobbins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/

Inside linebacker Tim Dobbins was a mere footnote on draft day two months ago, the guy that, oh, by the way, happened to be included in the Dolphins’ trade with the San Diego Chargers that netted the Dolphins the 28th and 40th overall picks in exchange for No. 12.
    But Tony Sparano says Dobbins was hardly a throw-in player. Dobbins, entering his fifth season out of Iowa State, will not only be an important contributor on special teams – a “four core guy,” as Sparano puts it, meaning Dobbins will likely play on all four special teams units – but he will also push Channing Crowder for a starting spot next to Karlos Dansby.
    Thanks to Brother Jerry at Phinzmania for the heads up to the article!

2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I don't know much about Dobbins, so I'll refrain from making any judgements on him to this point. I will, however, say that Crowder is a much better LB than a lot of people want to give him credit for. That's not to say we can't upgrade over him, but he has been one of our more consistent defenders the past few years, though I know that's not saying too much. He has played well every year except last year when he was injured. And when he was out his presence was missed. So if Dobbins does beat him out, it will make me feel a lot better about the kid.

texanphinatic and felly smarts like this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Been saying it since draft day, Dobbins is going to give Crowder a run for the starting spot beside Dansby. This is great because either way if Crowder wins his starting spot and keeps it that means he's as good as we hoped he can be once we put someone (Dansby) next to him that can play. Also Dobbins can come in if Crowder needs refreshing or a REST, AND FRANKLY WITH THE INJURY, i'M NOT SURE cROWDER WILL REALLY BE READY TO GO FULL SPEED BY SEASON START. Geez I hate caps lock!

And if Crowder does start, our backup ILB will be very little dropoff in quality with Dobbins IMHO.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvH9g-NE8c0&feature=related"]YouTube- Chargers vs Bengals highlights (12-20-09) week 15[/ame]
    The 3:55 mark is a good hit by Tim from last year.

PhinsRock likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Bro, one of the roles Dobbins can fill is Strongside OLB, he is Rothlike.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    He can play several positions brother.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Is this your first mancrush :ffic:

:flowers:

8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    :nutkicker:He is out here and I have had the opportunity to see him play. It's like in the past when players leave our team and go on to better things, well I hope this move gets in AJ's crawl if you know what I mean bro.:hi5:

padre31 likes this.