1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by tirty8, Oct 16, 2017.

1. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I know the popular debate around these parts is whether we should pay Juice or let him go #PayTheMan.

However, I think that Hayes is a huge asset to the team and deserves a contract in his own right.

I think that there is a 99% chance that Max and Thomas are gone next year clearing up close to $17 mil in cap space.

Pouncey could be another $7 mil.

Options that I don't really like would be:

RT17 - $15 mil
    Wake - $8 mil

I would love to see RT restructure, but after the QB play this year, I feel like RT17 has the Phins behind the 8 ball. If we cut him, we essentially have nothing, and nothing in the draft is guaranteed. I also think that several teams would gladly take RT17 at his current number.

Perhaps, we could restructure with Suh, and we could get a few mil in relief.

Ultimately, the question is, who should stay, and who should go?

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    The only way I even consider giving up Wake is if he has a serious injury.

Until he starts to slow down, he should be untouchable. Teams are paying double for half the production of Wake.

3. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    for a minute I didn't know who Thomas was lol. Yeah I agree on Thomas, Maxwell and Pouncey is $23.6M, $2M in dead money (from Pouncey)

I don't want to kick the can with Suh, already a bad deal. I have one more to restructure, aside from Tannehill and Wake and that is James. He is due $9M. Is that a player option or are we stuck with that?

FYI another $4M with Anthony, Phillips, Grey and Larsen. Also, $10M off the books with Cutler?

4. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Draft a replacement for James. That's $9 mil in savings.

And I agree.. I wouldn't get rid of Wake as long as he continues playing at a high level.

5. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I think we all have had a moment where we didn't know who Thomas was this year.

James is kinda tricky. We would need to give him a long term deal. If we structure it properly, we could get some relief in the short term.

Cutler is not factored into next year's cap. He is on a one year deal.

I would rather keep Anthony Phillips, Grey, and Larson. We may save $4 mil, but finding their replacements may prove to be more expensive in the end. For one reason or another, I think keeping those guys probably makes sense.

6. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    that's expensive. figure we need a couple guards and a center anyway

tirty8 likes this.
  7. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    Is larsen going to play this year??

8. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Should be coming back soon.

9. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Larsen is on IR with a designation to return. He can return Week 9 if he's healthy.

10. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Yes, pay the man he deserves it. I would let branch go before giving up hayes. Hayes is a much better player.

11. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    I was definitely wrong about Hayes that's for sure.

12. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    it's funny because an acquisition like this makes you scratch your head because of it's impact on the run game. How much did we give Suh to stop the run? I love Suh, but the formula is out there on stopping the run. Sometimes you don't need that splash until you are close