1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV screen "image burn" fixes?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Coral Reefer, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    We spent a good chunk of change on a beautiful big screen High Def. TV 3 years ago.

Damn thing has shadows of images burnt into the screen.
    Ruins the whole HD experience.

From looking around I've found this is quite common too.
    Pretty big problem manufacturers should be letting people know about.

Regardless, anyone know of a fix to remove these image burns or is the TV basically screwed?

Thanks

2. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Plasma I'm assuming?

3. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    A few general burn-in tips that may help:

* Use screen-saver feature on TV or DVD.
    * Turn down the brightness and contrast. These are generally set too high out of the box. Get a professional to calibrate the set or even use one of the calibration DVDs, but bright is not always better.
    * Alter 4:3 image to 16:9. Not my personal favorite, but I recommend it with plasma to reduce the bars from burning in.
    * Check for a pixel shift feature in the setting menu of the TV. Not all have this, so check your manual.
    * To clear up the problem temporarily, try turning to a black screen. Even better, you can switch to a blank station and let the “snow” clean it up.

I've read others say the "snow" thing can work...you just leave it running for a while. I would do some reading on the net for your particular type of tv and even model

www.avsforum.com is filled with tv experts...I'm sure there are some tips/tricks you can try