1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He-Man Movie

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Jun 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

I managed to get a hold of the script on Friday and actually cancelled my plans that night in order to read it.

What’s the verdict?

Regardless of the post apocalyptic Earth controversy, I liked what Marks did in Voltron. He then knocked it out the park with Supermax, but folks, I am here to tell both you and MOTU fans – Justin Marks has delivered his fanboy masterpiece!

I absolutely ****ing loved GRAYSKULL. THE BEST SCRIPT MARKS HAS WRITTEN YET.

GRAYSKULL is LORD OF THE RINGS meets THE MATRIX and a little BATMAN BEGINS thrown in for good measure.

The script takes place in Eternia, not a middle Earth on Earth. It’s a hard and edgy PG-13 tinkering on a R. The script has ZERO CAMP or CHEESINESS. NO ****ING ORKO EITHER! The writer takes the MOTU mythology very seriously. Whatever made the cartoon corny is not in here at all. In fact, there is not a single beat of comedic relief in the script.

What is GRAYSKULL about? We get both the origin of HE-MAN (or HE-MAN BEGINS), the origin of SKELETOR, and the origin of THE POWER SWORD. If Warners even remotely executes this script like they did 300 they will have a monster hit on their hands because this script leaves it open for a trilogy.

GRAYSKULL is the perfect marriage of Sorcery and Science fiction where in Eternia both Fantasy and Technology co-exist. The character arc of the hero ADAM works for me because like Bruce Wayne in BATMAN BEGINS, Adam has to overcome his selfish need for revenge and realize his destiny for the greater good of his people – the fallen son of Eternia must rise to occasion and become HE-MAN.

Ok, so let’s get right to it because I know you folks are here for the details.

Follow the link
    http://www.latinoreview.com/news/grayskull-masters-of-the-universe-script-review-4765

Phinperor and JCowScot like this.
  2. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    I'm really hoping for something good to come out of this...at 5 years old, He-Man was da schiznit:yes: Me and my friends would play for hours pretending to be the MOTU. Childhood made awesome-it's always a good thing.:wink2:

3. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Loved this movie as a kid...:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34EcQSxxYOw

but this script sounds damn interesting IMO...would definitely have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    no comic relief? that would be a mistake.

5. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Nice, really it comes down to finding the right guy to play He-Man, there aren't that many actors that can pull that off and be taken seriously.

6. but the question still remains, will Dolph be in it???

7. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    No, from what I've read... Get ready for this. Brad Pitt is being HEAVILY pursued to be He-Man! (weird, strange I know) and if not him I can't remember what other name came up. Dolph is still a badass though. Brad would have to bulk up beyond his Troy build IMO and he's under 6'. Guess height has never really mattered in Hollywood though. I thought he'd make a better Captain America then He-Man though.

8. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    CHRISTIAN BALE!!!!

Just kidding. One of the things about He-Man is that he's not square-jawed, so Brad Pitt would be good in the role, but isn't he a bit over the hill already? He also commands one of Hollywood's biggest payrolls and they would have to compromise on special effects.

I say Steve Sandvoss. He's got muscle, even if he could put on more, is only 27, would come much cheaper than Pitt, and also looks a lot the character. Message boards on IMDB estimate his height at 6'1 - 6'3

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1302182/

9. Triple H comes to mind but he'll probably be busy doing Thor if he gets the part and I think it wouldn't be right to have the same person portray 2 different super heroes.

Does the actor have to have blonde hair? Cause if we're talking about Brad Pitt and his size in Troy, Eric Bana was actually bigger. Gerard Butler is another name to throw out there.

10. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    YES

He must have blond hair. I hate it when they change physical characteristics. Also, please an actor, not just someone well known.