1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headers.............

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by unluckyluciano, Jul 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Anybody have statistics on how many horses exhaust headers add ?

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    For what kind of vehicle, your bike? I know on a Mustang you can add 8-11 HP (depending on the model). Im sure you could probably find the DYNO results somewhere.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  3. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    for a car.

4. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    ive read before that headers don't always add horses, and in some cases adds an average of 0-6 horses. I am just wondering if anyone has some results somewhere or know off the top of their heads.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I know for Mustang enthusiasts Hooker Headers are a popular choice, especially on older models. I know Ive seen Mustang mags where they were Dyno'd and added a solid 10 Horses. Like I said, it really depends on the model.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  6. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Here in Toronto Canada, we add spoilers on our rice rockets to add horsepower. You should check that out. :)

Go the manufacturer websites. They usually have dynos done showing performance. Pick out the top brands that you are considering, and check them out. If not, google the make and model of the header and your vehicle type. There are so many project cars out there, you will more than likely find a similar set up to yours.