Heads up: Saban and Taylor on local radio soon.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jupiterfin, Dec 17, 2012.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Saban has been attempting to rehab his image ever since he left but he goes about it all wrong. As soon as he left Miami one of the first things he did was blame Randy Mueller for everything. That's absolutely not made up, he got on an interview and said that Randy Mueller did a bad job finding him talent and that he'd ask Randy to find him certain kinds of players and then Randy would find him other kinds of players instead. For a guy that will not tolerate finger pointing amongst his players or coaches, it was a moment of blatant finger pointing.

As is this excuse of his that its all the doctors' fault he didn't get Drew Brees. No, it's not. That's classic diffusion of responsibility. By saying that Drew was signed but the doctors wouldn't pass his physical, he is implying that his hands were tied, that he is bound by some sacred and/or universal laws of physics to where he cannot defy the will of the doctors. But that is simply not the case. In reality, he had a choice. Just like when you're a patient and you see one doctor and then you see another and they have differing opinions. You have a choice on which to believe. Nick Saban chose not to believe the prognosis of the preeminent surgeon in the field who had the most direct knowledge of the surgery, its outcome, and its progress...in favor of third party doctors who had less informed, more theoretical opinions. Why he chose that, I don't know. Knowing his personality, I can damn well speculate though. I don't think he trusted James Andrews' opinion because Andrews performed the surgery and therefore Saban would assume him to be lying. This is where a man's point of view comes into the frame. Saban would lie in that situation, so why wouldn't James Andrews?

2. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    OT but I really like your sig by the way lol