1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heath Evans thinks EVERY one of our draft picks will fail! What!?!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FanMarino, May 17, 2013.

1. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

the facts being thrown around are no more certain on either side of this issue. this is a personal issue with Evans. and no one is gonna rationalize this away for me. I could care less about if he likes a move or not. It was just very surprising to me how personal it is for him and how unprofessional he presented himself.

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    In all fairness, it may not be personal, it may be because he's trying to be controversial (like a Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless).

But for anyone to think his justifications for his stances are reasonable is just plain silly, given he even admitted in the interview his views were essentially controversial.

3. DOLPHAN1

if that is the case then he is a very good actor. not sure if you saw the snipet on NFLN on draft day he was very emotional and red faced. he turned the question about DJ being a good pick into how crappy the entire preseason for Miami was. he was almost to the point of yelling, his voice definitely raised, his face red and stepping away from the podium and walking toward the camera to make his point, it was personal. I wish I could find that segment on NFLN again...

djphinfan and Fin D like this.
  4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I agree.

Evans is a pretty big stupid head. At least he was in that interview.. In fact when the Steelers have been asked, they have said he is anything but lazy and has worked hard to improve his route running.

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I think Wallace is paid more than what he is will produce during his time at a Dolphin.

I do think Miami is better off with him.

6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    What do you mean by "production"?

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Wait, the Steelers, one of the better organizations over the years in selecting personnel, according to Evans, knowing that he was a guy they couldn't count on in crunch time offered him just under what we offered (and the differences from $50M to $60M could easily be considered pretty close beings that it was a year later and he was now free to negotiate with other teams that'll drive the price up by itself).

I think it's pretty easy to see that they thought an awful lot of the kid. The Steelers could very easily have felt that going over their offer from the previous year for Wallace was not in their budget (within their cap, but not in their budget), especially since they paid the big bucks to Brown in the WR corps... I think it disputes Evans claims quite easily...

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I memory serves me right he is the third highest paid wide receiver. I don't think he is going to have the season that is going to be top 3.

9. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

So you think the Steeler's WR corps is worse than ours? That's what would make him more valuable to them.... But nevermind. you clearly aren't going to budge. Peace.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  10. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    You mean statistically?

11. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I don't recall that, and by your adding "I believe" to your comment makes it appear you are not totally sure either.

12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Yes sir.
    He could improve the offense in other ways but that is hard to quantify

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The Rooneys are proud people that have always run a tight organization, they feel that players should be proud to become a steeler, when that type of organization offers you the highest contract they've ever offered a player at your position, and you reject it, emotions come into play, at the time, I'm sure they felt it was a great offer and that they could still continue to build their team around that contract, after he rejected it, I'm sure they took a hard stance out of pride and maybe that they just couldn't conceptualize building a complete football team with his and Rothlesbergers contract on the books..

If they didnt get emotional on the rejection, why give brown the extension 2 years before his was up and then renegotiate the contract this year to circumvent the cap?

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    You don't have to, even a blind squirrel could find this nut..

I guess getting confirmation from our two best local writers that this guy is out of bounds doesn't change the stance of ck and stringer, their in deep, and their willing to drown, and drown they are..

Hmmmm, how does a front office offer a contract for that position of that value if they think the player doesn't show up in the clutch and is a bad route runner???

Anyone, Evans, Ck, Stringer, Bueller?

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  15. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

Sheeeit, he'd better improve the offense in those other ways b/c I don't see him putting up the kind of numbers you'd typically expect from a top 3 WR.

I'm interested in seeing how opposing safeties react to Wallace being on the field. Where they are at the snap, at the top of the QB's drop, how quickly they come up in run support or to cover underneath/intermediate routes etc. You're right, its not box score material but IMO it's very important in determining his impact and to the overall success of the offense.

16. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
  17. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  18. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Well, not in that one. Anyhow, I was just f'ing around....sort of. Post some of those other interviews to which you were referring. It would be refreshing at this point, no?

19. DOLPHAN1

20. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    I think it came across as negative because the premise of the discussion was, "What can RT improve on?" I don't think it was a pros and cons argument, but was specifically on what he needs to do to be better so that NFL Analysts realize that there were more than 3 freaking QBs drafting in 2012. You'd think RT was Denard Robinson or something.

21. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Statistically, 1300 and 10 tds will probably be top 3 or close enough. If you for some reason think that Wallace can't do that in a pass 1st offense, just get your popcorn ready. Your in for a treat. Ofcourse the best deep threat around was more valuable to us than a smashmouth running team....

22. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
  23. CD13

CD13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Vestal, NY
    Evans just doesn't like Miami....that is clear. Winning will shut him up eventually. Until we do that, unfortunately we have to put up with idiots like him.