1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from England

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Duper85, Apr 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Duper85

Duper85 New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    York, England
    Hi guys,

New to the site here, although have been reading a fair bit before I joined.

Big Dolphins fan from the UK, I started watching the NFL as a youngster in the mid 1980s when the game started getting coverage over here and fell in love with #13 and the Marks and that passing offense (see username ;) )

Followed the Dolphins ever since and wish for the day we'll finally win the Superbowl. It seemed so close in the 1985 season, I remember the first huge pangs of despair following my new team watching the highlights of the AFC Championship game defeat to the Patriots in 1986. Never one to give up though and the Fins have been #1 for me ever since.

Since those days the coverage of the NFL in Europe has come on immensely and we feel as well informed as you guys these days :)

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Welcome from over the pond brother.....did u go to the Giants, Dolphins game a couple years ago...??

3. Duper85

Duper85 New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    York, England
    Unfortunately I didn't - the first game over here and there was difficulties with getting tickets such was the demand.

I have been to both games since tho watching the Saints & Chargers and Patsies & Bucs last year, but I missed the Fins :(

I intend to visit Miami one day though and finally see the boys live :)

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Welcome aboard, did you happen to see the gigantic Jason Taylor Robot?

5. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard Mate.We have several Brit members who can trace their fandom to the Marino years.