1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Northern Virginia and DC! (???)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by captsyra, Aug 19, 2010.

1. captsyra

captsyra New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hello everyone! We've just relocated to Norhern Virginia and were wondering if there might be a group around somewhere where the DOL-FANS go to see the games. My husband and I grew up in South FL and we're die hard Dol-fans! Are there any Northern Virginians in the group who like to go see the games?? :)

2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Welcome the site.I hope someone responds to your question.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Welcome, we have several fans in the DC Metro area....and working on getting together for @ BAL, however, as you know DC Metro is a rather large area and no one place is a gathering place per se for all of us.

This site is it, and we all seem to be HOME or local Bar/Pub/Tavern viewers, etc on any weekly basis....including online here via CHAT for game day, or streaming video if you dont have NFL network or head to local watering hole that day.

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Welcome to the board :)

5. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Welcome to the site.

6. baboo72

baboo72 Bleeding aqua & orange

Mar 23, 2008
    Watford, England
    Welcome aboard

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Welcome to Northern VA and ThePhins! Pretty much what BigDog said. What area of Northern Virginia are you located? There aren't exactly any "Dolphin" bars that I've found, but there are some cool places to see games. Before I got Sunday Ticket I would go to Southside or Bugsy's in Old Town or The Bungallow in Springfield. All decent places to catch the game.

I also hope to get to that Baltimore game.

8. Hi! We used to live in No. Va. There is a bar in downtown DC called "Mr. Days," and they show multiple games simultaneously on many screens. Fun place - gets rowdy for games.

Grevey's is a restaurant in Merrifield, VA -- take 50E exit from Route 66 -- primarily a "Bills" bar, but they also show other games if/when Bills are not playing. Again, fun place for a game.

Also, the restaurant chain "Damons" shows games on three or four screens -- plus each table has an individual "speaker" where you can turn on the volume for the game you want to watch. We went to the Damons in Springfield (very near the Franconia Metro station - just down the road). Die-hards here, too -- lots of fun.

Hope this helps!

siciliansith likes this.
  9. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Damon's was one of my favorite places to go but they don't operate in Virginia anymore. I think the closest one to where I'm at is Arundel Mills Malls up near Baltimore.

10. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Welcome to the board! When you find out the answer to your question let me know, I'm looking for some good places to see the games in this area too :hi5:

11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Welcome..transplanted SoFo's....

12. captsyra

captsyra New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome and all of the responses!! We live in South Riding and were hoping to find a Dolphin friendly place!! :) It's a shame about Damons, the speaker on the table sounds great! However I did find a little place in South Riding that plays games and they have a speaker on on the table as well, so I think we might try there. I think it's called South Riding Inn, but it's a small place, so we'll see! Are there any Dolphin fans out near us in South Riding on this site??

siciliansith and CrunchTime like this.
  13. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area

Yup, I know the South Riding (South Riding Inn) area well.....do a search on "Glory Days" bar/restaurants.

http://www.glorydaysgrill.com/#locations/virginia/stone-ridge-south-riding

http://www.glorydaysgrill.com/#game-time/speaker-boxes

They do the whole "speaker" at your table thing...and have several locations near you. Also, several other spots in and around the Reston/Centreville area will suit your needs for sure.:up:

siciliansith likes this.
  14. Ravfin

Ravfin New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I live in northen virginia too! glad to see another fan here

15. uab_phin

uab_phin New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Good to see another NoVa person on here, I'm from the Prince William/Manassas area. I'm currently not up there due to school, but I love the Crystal City Pub up in Arlington it's a great place to watch a game. I watched the Dolphins beat up on Brett Farve and the Jets there 2 years ago, great atmosphere.