1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me out here...

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by charlestonphan, Sep 29, 2009.

1. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    got Batman; AA for windows last week for my birthday. finally getting around to loading it, and it isn't working.

the demo of the game ran fine. zero problems. i deleted it though, before trying to load the game. when i try to load the game it prompted the system check, and my desktop is more than capable. here are the specs;

Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001), Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506), System Manufacturer: Gateway, System Model: FX6800-01e, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz, Memory: 3062MB RAM, DirectX 10, ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series
    Realtek HDMI Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

but the game will not load and when i try to uninstall, it is giving me an error message that says: "failed to load DLL: Firewall Install Helper." so i cannot uninstall the parts that have been installed.

so i called Eidos, they say it is my graphic card drivers, and that they are not "digitally signed" and need to be updated.

so i go to the ATI Radeon site, and the drivers won't download. i get an error message. i tried to uninstall and reinstall per ATI Radeon's instructions. no luck.

i try calling Gateway, and they want me to pay 60 bucks for 30 minutes of over the phone tech support with no guarantee of it working.

anybody got any experience with anything like this?