1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henne clears the air, talks about Marshall, WQAM, and Tebow

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Mar 19, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
  2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I listened to that radio clip. Sounds like Henne is back pedaling better than Champ Baily used to do. He should have never said something so derogatory in the first place, even if he meant it. The media jumped on it and he brought down a load of crap right on his forehead.

gafinfan and jdang307 like this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

It's just his opinion. He's not much better a personnel evaluator than some of the guys on this board and less than many of them. Certainly he put his foot into his mouth, whether or not he was cut off before explaining himself, but if he had to explain himself...perhaps he should first have 'restrained' himself....

At any rate, it's not really a big deal. It'll crop up the first time Tebow is facing the Henne-lead team, but that will be it...

MrClean likes this.
  4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I can read between the lines. Henne is saying that if we don't bring in a #1 WR, he's holding out.

5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    It does seem The Tuna or Coach Tony got to him and told him to (AHEM) correct his "opinions".

finyank13 likes this.
  6. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    :lol:

7. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Cant blame the Qb for wanting a big time WR

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    His words were taking out of context and blown out of proportion. I knew Henne wasn't the kind of guy to publicly trash another player.

9. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    yesterday he said "so leave it at that." Then the next day says he wasn't allowed to expand on the comment.

I dunno, I think it's a backpedaling lol. Oh well, in two days we'll forget about this.

gafinfan likes this.
  10. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    When i first read that he said this i thought it was fishy from the get go.I've heard him in interviews after games and such and he NEVER came across like that before.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Exactly. I pay attention to everything he says because I love Henne. He's my favorite player, and I've never heard him say anything like that before. He's always come across as a great guy.

54Fins likes this.
  12. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Wow. Henne wants T.O. Even mentions him before BM. That's surprising to say the least. Anyway, I wish our FO would listen to him.

jetssuck, adamprez2003 and smahtaz like this.
  13. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Being quoted out of context is a commonplace among athletes who dont have much experience with the press .

Thats why the veterans will give standard PC replies .Their comments are generally predictable which is why Maddog has said that interviews are boring .

14. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    If you listen to the average coach speak at a PC, they all say the same thing.......BLAH, BLah and blah.:up:

15. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

REALLY ,CAN YOU TELL ME THE WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS :tongue2:

16. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    He'll get better.

We all do.

17. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Not so sure about that. Pretty sure around here it's about 80/20 with the 80 drinking the "we don't need no stinking #1 WR" Kool-Aid.

jetssuck likes this.
  18. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

I hope not. I think Ginn could potentially be a pretty damn good #2 with a big target #1 across from him.

19. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Those lines are so far apart Vince Wilfork could walk through without touching:lol:

20. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Are you listening to yourself? People on a message board are better personnel evaluators and what it takes to be a QB in the NFL than an ACTUAL QB IN THE NFL? Stop talking now.

21. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    I'd take some of our guys over any of the experts; let alone players.

MrClean likes this.
  22. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Much ado about nothing, move along folks, nothing to see here, move along.

23. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Yea? So why don't they work for NFL teams and make big bucks instead of posting on a message board worshiping the Trifecta? And when you actually own your own team,and build a dynasty, then I would actually care who's opinion you'd rather take. This isn't Madden.....

24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Funny thing was, I had the impression that Anita Marks was ending the conversation before Henne could get himself into trouble as Henne sounded like he was about to go into a litany of Tebow's issues.

25. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I find it kind of weird Henne specifically mentioned a "veteran" WR and they passed on Boldin. That dude is fearless.

26. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    veteran receiver. i think he mentioned TO? :shifty:

smahtaz likes this.
  27. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i would take TO at this point.

Disnardo, MrClean and adamprez2003 like this.
  28. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Yeah he did. Wouldn't that be something?.

29. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    its an amusing thought :lol: Parcells and T.O. a love story part 2

padre31 likes this.
  30. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    would ireland do it if sparano and henne say yes, but parcells says no?

adamprez2003 likes this.
  31. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    And Michael Jordan picked Kwame Brown.

Mainge and Stitches like this.
  32. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Except Jim Mora, the elder. He was my all time favorite coach in a press conference setting. :up:

The one in my sig block is my favorite Mora quote, from back when he was the Saints head coach. He tore into the media that day:

"You don't know when it's good or bad. You really don't know. Because you don't know what we're trying to do. You guys don't look at the films. You don't know what happened. You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will."

It's much better when you actually see him saying it on tape, youtube these days or whatever. Just reading it does not capture the full effect. I smile whenever I see that one.

jetssuck and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  33. MrClean

It should be that way, but it isn't always. Just like in any profession, the cream does not always rise to the top. All you need to do is see who our draft gurus, Con, Boom, CK and Alen say we should pick. Then look at who we actually pick. More often than not, the team would have had a better draft letting our gurus make the selections. This was especially true before the current regime took over, although as good as they are, compared to the Wanny,:angry: Saban:pity: and Cam:cry: years, they are not infallible. They only time I have seen any of the gurus question one of our picks and have the player turn out to be good, was with Brian Hartline. I'd say 90% or more of the fan base, cried, whined, or scratched their heads with that pick. Now we all love Hartline.

As for why none of them work, or could work, for an NFL team, the league is like an exclusive gentleman's club, or good ol' boys network. Complete outsiders seldom can walk in and compete for openings on an equal footing. If you don't know someone, or have some kind of connection, you could be the best personnel analyst in the world, and it would be highly unlikely you'd ever get hired to prove it.

Mainge and BB Ocho like this.
  34. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Henne's comments were not taken out of context. He said what he said. He can argue that it was blown out of proportion, but I heard the whole interview. It was a stupid thing for him to say and my guess is that somebody in the FO explained it to him.

jim1 likes this.
  35. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    And I agree with Mr. Clean. Our evaluators here are far better than the ones in the media and often as good or better than the ones on the teams. I know b/c I've worked with these people. I used to be a scout for an NFL agent so I've seen the quality of the evaluators the NFL teams have. They have nothing on our guys.

MrClean likes this.
  36. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Dont say it, dont say it, dont say it.

37. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Oh, you're good.

38. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    will it matter really when they are back to playing football
    henne spoke his mind
    why would the FO need to explain it to him
    i could care less about chad's comments toward tebow as true as they are
    i care more about our starting QB and his development and his future
    way more impotant

39. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sure, Parcell's would be out playing golf or whatever, Sparano and Henne would have to deal with him day in and day out.

40. MrClean

I can't believe it but I found an extended version of this rant on youtube:up:

Go get 'em Jim!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHipzGL4dwM"]YouTube- Jim Mora You Will Never Know[/ame]

Hope you don't mind me adding one more. This one I've not seen before. Classic Mora, never pulls any punches.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn99zFRqyDk"]YouTube- Mora Post Chiefs Scrimmage[/ame]

adamprez2003 likes this.