1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henne, Merling talks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, May 14, 2008.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    "Athletes First's Justin Schulman, who represents Henne, wrote in an e-mail that there have been ``no discussions at this point.''

Jimmy Sexton, the agent for Merling, said he didn't expect to get anything going on talks for Merling before he returns from his July 4 vacation.

Although training camp opens later that month, it should be more than enough time for the Dolphins to get things done with Merling. After all, the Dolphins didn't fool around once they decided on Long.

''When he signed the contract is exactly when we got the guy, but we decided that he was our guy; I would say it was about seven days ago when we decided to start negotiating with him,'' Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said in April at the announcement they had signed Long."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say we have all our picks signed and in camp on time. If not then Sparano and BP are gonna be tearing someone a new one.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
    Straz and alen1 like this.
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Has a second round pick ever held out?

3. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Not that I know of.

Probably a second round pick down the round that's a vetern, but not a rookie that was picked in the second round his first year.