1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henne must test Buffalo secondary

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    I love how these articles completely ignore that what the defense calls dictates what the offense does.

Should Henne take a shot deep if the Bills are playing cover 3 or cover 4? No. The deep ball won't be there.

Take the Colts game and the Wildcat for example. The Colts refused to bring the 2nd safety down into the box to stop the run ( thus giving us numbers to run the ball ). Since they wouldn't bring that safety down ( and force Ronnie to throw ), we ran the ball every time out of the Wildcat. Now if they bring the 2nd safety into the box.. then you have a chance to throw.

Defense dictated what the offense does.

I almost wish we would throw 20 deep bombs against buffalo so people can get over this obsession with it.

The nice thing about it is Henne completely gets it, and it doesn't sound like he is going to force the deep ball if it isn't there:

djphinfan and Agua like this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

That's all that really matters IMO I don't care what the article writers have to say so long as he isn't throwing deep into stupid coverages.

I'd like to think Pennington has helped him out with not forcing throws.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    We shall see Sunday
    will be a lot of questions answered in that game

5. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The ability to make those throws relies on the QBs confidence in his receivers. The game this sunday will be the first step in building that confidence. The more they hook up the better Henne's confidence will be in himself.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm more concerned about him being smart with the ball and throwing accurate passes.

Agua likes this.
  7. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Here's hoping. Buffalo is beaten up in the secondary, so this could be an opportunity for Henne to shine.