1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High rankings: Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da-PhinZ, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-pieces-in-place-saints-top-bluechip-rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

The Phinz were ranked 10 at NFL.com and 13 at ESPN.com. Pretty good compared to the 20's that they were getting a month ago. Once again preseason has not even started yet so these are really pointless but it is nice to see our team getting a little more attention and respect. Although I would not mind being ranked in the 30's because being the Under Dog gives us an edge, that we are so very used to. What do you guys think about these?

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    let's see what they do when the rubber meets the road

MikeHoncho likes this.
  3. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    These things literally mean nothing. A low or high power ranking on ESPN will not make one bit of difference whether we win or lose a game during the season. I like seeing Miami ranked highly because I want everyone to agree with me that Miami is good.

4. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    The only people who care about 'Power Rankings' are the media (what else do they have to say in July) and bloggers/message board members.

No true NFL team should be remotely concerned by what a dweeb like John Clayton has to say about 'em.

5. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I thrive on low rankings. It's always great to come out of nowhere and abuse everyone else. It makes them feel even less adequate. We know better. I'd much rather show them that we're good. When Mark Sanchez has his sophomore slump and the Jest tank, it'll cause someone to get fired because expectations were high. Low flying makes winning all the more pleasing.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    When is being ranked highly ever good (for an NFL team)? Rankings mean nothing and they end up putting crazy expectations over the shoulders of the team.

7. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    *cough* Jets

MikeHoncho likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    What's wrong with ranking's, I like em, There are people in vegas who break down these teams with a lot of analysis to come to conclusions...That's basically what you have here, after pundit's closely look at the teams talent and variables, we have rankings, you gotta start somewhere.

after a long offseason of analysis. I think were slotted about right.

College football determines their champion with ranking's and opinions.

Do I think John Clayton or whoever is smarter then me about my team...no.

9. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    you guys be nice, Rex has these power rankings laminated and framed up in his bedroom. You wouldn't want to insult his decorating now, would you?

10. Fishhead24

Fishhead24 New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    On NFL.com the Phins have been rated as a contender for the superbowl. I just hope it doesnt mean teams will have the bullseye on miami now.