1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Audio Systems

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by slickj101, May 3, 2013.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Idk if I should put this in questions or music or what so I'll throw a wide net.

I'm moving soon and I've flirted with the idea of having a whole house system w speakers in 4-6 different rooms.

Can anyone enlighten me a little more and throw out a realistic estimate? Gracias.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    You could do the wiring yourself (with in-wall faceplates) for a couple hundred bucks, just in addition to the wire, face plates, and terminations it'd be wise to get a dry wall saw, a stud finder (this is my favorite) and some fish tape (or equivalent). Assuming you don't have a fire block in your house it isn't too hard to do in wall wiring so long as it's done on interior walls (and you want to avoid running alongside power lines as it can cause noise and distortion) and assuming you have a drill and wood bits for getting through the top plate. Depending on how you wanted to implement the speakers, you could get a suitable AVR (capable of driving 9-11 channels) for like $1500 or so (and that would be the non-sale price).

slickj101 and finyank13 like this.
  3. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Check out an Onkyo Home Theater in a Box setup. It can range from $500 to 900+ and come with the receiver and a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

slickj101 likes this.