1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home from Disney after forcing a smile all week:)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I had left for Disney last Sunday with my wife and 2 boys. My wife told me no Football except for the Mon nighter against the Colts. So we spent all day at the parks on Sunday...getting in a few scores from other imprisoned Dads and Fantasy Football addicts. I spent another fun filled day on Monday..had an early dinner and sat in front of my decent sized TV in my room while the wife took my little boy(6yrs old) to a park while me and my older boy(9) sat down and watched the game.

I try not to curse out loud in front of my kids as they copy everything I do. You should see how they yell at tv during games(wonder where they got that?) I don't want to go into the specifics of the game as they have been probably been beaten to death....needless to say it was an EXTREMELY frustrating night(my son wants to know why I always scream Channing Crowders name out loud so much). I went to bed mumbling to myself and got up early to start another day but this time in a depressed pissed off non smiling mood. My wife gave me that look like....please..for the kids. SO off we went with the most forced smile on my face. It was trick or treat that night and me and my 2 boys went in our Dan Marino jerseys. People meant well when the 100 or so people who stopped me and told me what a tough game that was last night(Thanks for reminding me). All week long I would be on a ride and the family would be so happy and I would get that glimpse of Mon night and I would have to fight off the frustration. Keeping it in all week saved my family but killed me inside..lol

So now I have my new pre-game ritual that hopefully will save me from an Ulcer.
    1. Just scream Channing Crowders name out loud 15 times BEFORE the game starts...just let it all out
    2. Just accept that the opposing TE will not be covered..just accept it and move on
    3. I do not hate Ted Ginn...I just hate that he looks for the ground and the sideline too fast....He is what he is...just cheer him on..give me strength oh Lord..please
    4. I give my Tony Sparano speech to the troops(my wife and kids..brothers and nephews and neices) about soda and chip security around my couch and hi-def TV. Tighten up those chin straps and get that Homework done primma donnas!

Amazing what a week removed from a tough loss will do for you. I need my fix again and will scream sweat and cry through another game. I am a Dolphin fan NO MATTER WHAT and Its what I LOVE

Thanks for letting me vent a long story

cnc66 likes this.
  2. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I feel your pain go dolphins lol