1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeland

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Paul 13, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    It's on Showtime... I started watching it this year, got caught up on the first season when they showed all the episodes prior to the start of the second season. I think it's a great show. I like it better than Boardwalk Empire (started watching that as well0. It's kind of like 24. There are moments when you say to yourself, that would never happen... like the relationship between Carrie and Brody.

I'm really curious to see where this season goes with the now exposed video clip. I do think the acting is really good. It's well directed. Plenty of tense moments. The story line has its moments though. But no show is perfect.

Killer Bees and Bumrush like this.
  2. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Amazing show. Better version of 24 IMO. A lot of it is far-fetched (Brody texting Abu Nazir while he's in an operation room for example), but it I think the acting is amazing.

Eop05, Bumrush and Paul 13 like this.
  3. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    The final scene where she (main female star, i forgot her name) finds out that she was right about Brody is crazy. Can't wait to see how things progress from now on.

Brody's wife is smoking hot & loved her in Firefly & V. Great to see her again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Paul 13 likes this.
  4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The reason it seems a lot like 24 is because there are a lot of the same writers, producers and creators that worked on both shows. They even have the same guy music score both shows.

Anyway yeah I do like the show however it's not a "must see" show for me, I can't myself ever buying it on DVD for example. I think the writing and acting is a lot better and a lot more realistic but still like 24 better.

It should be interesting to see where they go from here, I'd have to think Brody is caught by the end of this season, just seems unrealistic if he's not now that both Kerry and Saul know for sure or if he gets to be the new VP for example.

And yes the best part of the show is Brody's wife.

Paul 13 likes this.
  5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Well, maybe Saul and Carrie are going to withhold the video from Estes? I mean they have to be a little skeptical that there is a mole somewhere in the CIA. Estes seems like a logical choice. The fact that Saul went to Carrie with the info first leaves that possibility open. You'd think Saul would be open to Carrie running the investigation on the side again, maybe open up the video surveillance again (I thought that was epic from the first season).

Eh... I'm probably wrong, they'll take it to Estes, Carrie will be brought back to the CIA and they'll use Brody to get to Abu-Nasir. There will be 24 hour surveillance on Brody because the bigger prize is Abu-Nasir and his network.

Oh yeah and definitely on the Brody's wife support band wagon. Her and Jimmy's mom from Boardwalk Empire... total hotness.

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I think the mole is Danny, I think that's his name anyway. He the young guy that was always with Carry in season 1 and went to see her teaching in season 2 to tell her she needed to see the CIA.

Paul 13 likes this.
  7. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Love it. Agree with OP, Boardwalk is starting to bore me.

Paul 13 likes this.
  8. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Love this show, but not better than 24. 24 is probably my favorite show of all time, imagine if it was on a network like showtime or HBO, Jack Bauer was the man lol. Yeah, like Finkle said it was written by the people who did 24. Between football, homeland, walking dead, and dexter, I never leave my house on Sunday lol. I was so happy that Carrie saw that video to prove she was right, can't wait for the next episode.

Paul 13 likes this.
  9. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    What's with the Deputy Director of th CIA agreeing to have dinner with the Middle Eastern reporter (Brody's contant or handler, if u want to call it)?

Is he out for a free meal, banging her or both. Wouldn't it be odd for a head spy to have dinner with a reporter? I wonder what kind of twist becomes of that.

10. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Yeah, see I think Estes is a bad apple.

11. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    **** just got real

12. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I love this wild show. The hotel confrontation was amazing, didn't expect them to do that this soon.

13. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I was starting to think that way to but after Ep 4, I'm not so sure. When Saul went to his house, his son came out & he said that he's visiting for the weekend. I guess that means he's divorce so maybe the Middle Eastern (ME) reporter is using him or whatever. I still have questions, in like, how did she (ME reporter) get the unlock code to his safe?

Hell yeah, **** just hit the ceiling. TBH, I was hoping they drag it on to see what Brody would do. Can't wait until the next episodes.

14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    yeah... I didn't see that coming LOL... i wonder if they'll think they can turn Brody back? I mean he's pretty much useless in the context of this show if he's behind bars. Maybe the VP will come to his aid and pull some strings. CIA may think they have this handled but it's the politicians that will come in and F everything up.

15. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    You make a great point about if Brody is behind bars. They have to turn him. I also I wonder how things will develop once his old unit figures things out.

16. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I agree, I think Brody will end up going uncover for the US somehow. I am surprised the CIA took him down last episode. I figured things would have slowly taken place. Should be interesting to see where this goes.

Also this show was picked up for a 3rd season.

Paul 13 likes this.
  17. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Do they have to turn Brody? I would think that may be too predictable for this show.

I think we're going to see a struggle where they can't turn Brody. They won't be able to crack him. They'll be stuck in a spot where they can indefinitely detain a US Congressman, or be forced to let him go.

Paul 13 likes this.
  18. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Its just a matter of politics IMO. The CIA doesn't want reporters writing bad things about it. I don't see anything nefarious to be honest.

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Can't see how they will just let him go though. They either try to turn him or he'll be put on trial as being a traitor to the country.

They probably will try to turn him, if not they have to almost be forced to drop him as a main character since what more can he provide.

Paul 13 likes this.
  20. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Showing old unit in the last episode reminds me that there is another potential story line there. These guys appear to be independent of the CIA/Government. Could there be a situation where the CIA won't give up why Brody is being detained and it's up to these vets to figure it out? Maybe one of them gets turned or at least too far in to get out. And that brings Brody back into the mix.

I wouldn't imagine the VP would let Brody go if he knew what was going on.

21. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Perhaps he would because it would kill his quest to become the next President if he was running with a traitor....

22. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    If the knowledge that Brody is a traitor gets released to the public, the VP's chances of becoming the next POTUS is dead. Would you vote for a guy who wanted a traitor as your running mate? I know it isn't the VP's fault but stuff like that can kill your campaign. I honestly can't see the VP protecting Brody but if he does it would be only be for political reasons.

True on the CIA not wanting bad press but I still think it has to him wanting to tap her arse since he's divorced or seperated. Just a guess here.

How the heck did the ME reporter get Estes code for his safe?

About the old unit, I think the drunk guy is going to be a main figurehead in wanting to get further answers & Brody's BFF (the one that banged his wife) is the one that investigates into it further.

TBH, I was hoping they (CIA) didn't arrest Brody or find out he's the traitor so quickly. I was hoping to see how he could sell out the country as the VP. It would of been awesome to watch Brody win the Presidency further down the road & be a traitor at the same time. The show could of lasted many seasons going up to that point and then finally figuring everything out.

Paul 13 likes this.
  23. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Brody hadn't actually been picked as the VP candidate yet right? I mean this could just be part of the vetting process :shifty:

fins4o8 likes this.
  24. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    The acting on the show has been superb. Did you see Brody's face and body language when she confronted him in the hotel room?

25. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    well did you guys pick up on the bar conversation just prior to that where he "made" her? She didn't react the way he expected her to when he brought up the shock treatment... I thought that was excellent acting by the both of them. What's a trip is that Brody (Damian Lewis) is actually English.

26. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Not sure if it was ever confirmed but it seemed like almost a sure thing Brody would be on the ticket. Or maybe it's just my thought process.

27. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    You're right he's currently being vetted.

That was my take also. I figured he would be a shoe in before the last episode.

Paul 13 likes this.
  28. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I have a feeling brodys kid blurping he's a Mulsim will comeback & haunt him.Brody's wife will fill in the pieces with her ex lover if they talk about it down the road.

I don't see his old unit giving up in finding the truth. Brody killed his partner (walker) & the drunk mentioned that they're partners & maybe was in together. If my memory serves me correctly.

29. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011

Yeah you saw his face while he was signing the check after that. man can't wait for next week.

30. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    With the show just being picked up for a third season I wonder if this year's remaining shows are somehow changed. I mean they can't go back and re-film anything as it's already been shot but perhaps they have a few scenes were they film extra and then these are cut out or added in, ie story line change.

31. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    bit of an anti climax in last night's episode.

32. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah, I was a bit dis-appointed with how things ended last night. At first, I thought it was going to get crazy after whathisname stuck Brody's left hand with a knife but it all went away when Carrie did the good person act. It was so obvious that they had to turn him into a double agent. I still preferred if they didn't catch him right away and see how far he was willing to go as a traitor. Do you honestly believe they would give him immunity? I believe they will stick it to him when all thing is said & done. Or, he will do a redemption act & save someone while getting himself killed. With that said, you can never forgive a traitor, no matter how much he helps in making things right.

Another obvious was when the VP's & Brody's kid would get into some kind of accident after they took off on his (VP's kid) detail. You have to wonder if this will get covered up & burn the VP down the road.

33. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
  34. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    last week's ep was better.. i was beginning to wonder about where we were headed with this. wasn't expecting that motel room to be bugged lol...

35. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    It was a pretty good ep, but I could not stop thinking about that SNL skit the whole time as I watched Saul's expressionless face while he listened to Carrie and Brodie banging each others brains out. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul 13 likes this.
  36. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    not to mention the ever unstable daughter.

37. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I knew they (CIA) would not live up to the promise of full immunity given to Brody. Heck, I would do the same thing.

38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Finally watched Sunday's episode. I thought the ending was great but it really felt too much like an episode of 24 with Kerry getting taken, then released but it was a good pay off between Brody and the VP.

Paul 13 likes this.
  39. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    comparisons to 24 continue except that Homeland seems to be slanted towards the terrorists.

40. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Wow, tonights episode was crazy in majority of the folks at Walden's whatchamacallit got killed in the car bombing. I was wondering how the show would go on with Nazir dead. I was starting to get bored when they turned Brody & this made it all interesting again.

Paul 13 likes this.