Homeland

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Paul 13, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    definitely agree... she really does it for me. I need to go back and find that sex scene of hers from last year. Which episode was that in? Why do I recall her as being completely naked yet I doubt that is what actually happened :lol: And I never saw her in that ABC show that came on after Lost.

2. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    as for the twist... yeah I can see how people would be put off by that. My alzheimers had me thinking that I missed something in the first 3 episodes... a meeting between her and Saul... but no there was nothing. In the end though, this is about bringing Brody back into the fold. He's in Venezuela... the Iranians have ties to Venezuela... eventually they will meet up again with that process unfolding. But what I'd like to know is what happened between the time Brody showed up this season, shot on the border between Colombia and Venezuela and when Carrie left him on the Canadian border last season. How in the heck did he end up down there? That would have made for a nice 2 or 3 episode flashback.

3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    There was nothing in the first few episodes that even hinted Carrie and Saul had a plan. Even in the last episode there was nothing even leading up to the reveal that hinted at it, which is why everyone is up in arms about it because it came so far out of left field.

And yeah I would have liked to see flashbacks of Brody's trip rather than Dana and her boyfriend on a road trip. Still wondering where the heck that storyline is headed.

4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't think Carrie was really aware of this "plan" until it actually unfolded. Obviously Saul was behind it, but Carrie is more of a pawn than anything IMO. Once she was made the offer by the Iranians, then she realized what was going on. JMO.

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    That's not what the show runner said in her interview from the post I posted on the previous page. The show runner said the "plan" between Carrie and Saul was decided right after the attack at the end of season 2.

6. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Is it possible that Brody's captivity is also a con to the viewer? Does he know he's there for a reason that might help him get his name back? Maybe he helps unveil the Iranians somehow.

7. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Oh man that episode was pretty bad. The scene with Dana moving out, you gotta be kidding me? Mom I'm leaving with this girl you never met before and I'm not telling you where I'm going. Okay here's my credit card, have a good life. My mom would whoop my ***, I can't stand the Dana angle, this show really has to step it up.

8. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The problem I have with this storyline, besides it being uninteresting, is where the hell is it going? It has nothing to do with the overall story and is basically just pure filler. Even when they tried to tie the Brody Family storyline in with Carrie, it lasted 5 minutes with no payoff.

But hey there's a baby Brody inside Carrie now!!!!! That will certainly spice this show up. It's exactly what it needs. Of course let's not mention that Carrie seemingly knew she was pregnant for awhile yet still decided to drink a lot earlier in the season and the take meds from the psy ward, which I'm no doctor, but you'd think they could do some damage to the baby and the very least don't places like that test females to see if they're pregnant anyway to make sure they don't give them anything harmful? Just plain old bad writing. Seems like the writers are clearly making things up as they go along without thinking things through.

At this point I'm pretty much hate watching this show. It's a shame because the acting is still top notch, even the actress that plays Dana Brody is good just her character sucks, but the writing is terrible. It makes the worst episodes of 24 feel like The Wire.

9. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Sorry for being OT but she's in a show & a main character also, it's called "V". It's coming back and you get to see the evil side of her.

Sadly, the show is starting to get boring. I really hate the Dana storyline but I have a feeling she is going to play a big roll down the road. Remember when Carrie told the FBI agent that she's probably the only one to get Brody to ...... (forgot the rest of the conversation). So that to me is probably going to get used down the road.

10. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    yeah i don't get the latest episode... does not make sense!

[​IMG]

11. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I agree. The show has been filled with plot holes and things that simply don't make any sense. And things are turning more and more into a bad episode of 24, especially this week with Carrie almost ruining the operation because she wanted to try and clear Brody's name.

12. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Saul set that all up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I get that but it doesn't make any sense as to why. Just like Carrie's pregnancy, the whole plan between Carrie and Saul, everything with Brody's family etc. This season has been one giant throw crap against the wall hoping it sticks.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  14. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Because finding the person responsible for the bombing is the only thing that would distract Carrie enough for Saul to go get Brody without her knowing.

Carries pregnancy is there just to solidify her bond with Brody. I'm sure there will be more to it as well. Well see how it ends up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I understand all of that, it's just that when you think long and hard about it it doesn't make any sense.

How would Saul be able to get Brody without seemingly anyone knowing about it? He had to pay the 10 million dollar reward right? Unless I misheard what the leader of the group said to him. It's not like Saul has 10 million laying around his house so he'd have to get it from the US government and it's not like they would simply give it to him without any questions, back up etc.

My issue with Carrie's pregnancy is she knows she's pregnant yet she still drank and then in the Psy Ward was given all of those drugs that could harm the baby just for to keep up appearances and the "plan" between her and Saul believable.

And we haven't even talked about how Saul's wife's boyfriend is a spy and now has a bug in Saul's house which is beyond silly.

Like I said this show which patted itself on the back in Season 1 for being a "realistic" spy/terrorist show is nothing more then a bad version of 24 now. The writers are clearly doing things on the fly then trying to piece everything together.

16. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    President knows about it.

Thats true, but consider what is at stake, I think its at least feasible. I'm not sure how the pregnancy angle will turn out, but I think theres a lot to be seen.

The BF spying on Saul was a big question mark. But wouldn't be surprised if the CIA is on top of that and maybe even feeding him bogus info.

17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah well all I can say about the finale is at least they finally ended the Brody storyline which should have ended in Season 1. Hopefully now that the worst part of the series (Carrie/Brody love story) is over the show can get back to what made it so good and interesting in Season 1.

Should be interested to see what they do going on from here but I'm not hopeful it will be good as I think the show went off the rails in Season 2 and can't see how they will recover. I hope I'm wrong though.

18. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    I am probably in the minority here, but I thought this season was very good. Initially I didn't like the Carrie/Brody storyline, but it really grew on me. They are both such great actors though that it really worked IMO. Brody will go down as one of the more powerful characters. JMO. Will be interesting to see if the show can keep up without him.

19. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    well I'm sad. And Saul isn't even in the CIA anymore. I guess Brody can't come back from this.... we never really found out why he was where he was or how he got there (Colombia/Venezuela border)

20. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Oh I'm sure Saul will be brought back into the fold after an episode of two. These are the same creators/writers that did 24 and kept having Jack get fired/quit from CTU/taken away as a prisoner/faking his death only to come back.

I think it's better that we don't know some things particularly stuff about Brody because it added more mystery to his character.

21. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Agree with Ray about this season. It resembled more a stale season of 24 than the entertaining first 2 seasons.

I won't rehash what's already been pointed out in this thread. I'll just say that if they spend 1 second of next season focusing on Brody's family, especially the daughter, I'll be instantly done with it forever.

22. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Word is none of the Brody family is on the main cast for next year. While that doesn't mean that they won't randomly pop in, I have a hard time seeing how or why they'd be back. Brody is dead, his storyline is over, time to move on.

23. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yeah, I just read that too. It's encouraging, but then again there was no reason for Dana Brody to have a major storyline this season yet the writers inexplicably decided to crowbar it in. I don't know what age group they are aiming for here. "Oh, I know. I bet there are a lot of Tweens staying up to watch homeland and they'll really dig this Dana Brody on the lamb with her hunky boyfriend storyline!!!!"

I didn't want to get into Homeland after I knew 24 writers were behind it, but first 2 seasons diminished those fears. Season 3 fed them.

24. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I knew Brody was a goner when he was driving with Carrie to the safe house in Iran. The way he was looking out the window, talking about life and his father. Not surprised.

25. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Considering the producers are the same ones of 24 where characters re-appear after apparently being dead I am not so sure Brody is dead .He may have worked out a deal with the CIA plant to appear dead in order to make him look good and get selected to the council.

Then supply him with some kind of harness or drug to help Brody simulate his death and then have him spirited off to parts unknown.

That scenario would justify a future role for a Brody family member.

26. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I don't think the producers would pull a stunt like that on 24 let alone Homeland. It just wouldn't make any sense to have a public hanging of an American guy who killed the head of a terrorist group in his home country soil but fake it. Why would the terrorists have the CIA help them? Why would the CIA want Brody alive? Sorry but he's dead.