1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooch Is Crazy!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jt0323, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Anyone else see the Season, and hopefully Series finale of Scrubs tonight? The episode was good. I enjoyed it. The whole episode, and the season, ive been waiting to see Hooch again and when i saw all the old people though various seasons i was hoping to see Hooch there and i was glad when i did! that made the episode for me! And i thought the Janitor saying, no one ever asked him his name was good, because when you think about it, we all wondered what his name was but no one ever asked. I think we found out his name...not sure if it really Tony, or that is suppose to make us think he tells everyone a different name... to be honest, he does look like a Glenn more than a Tony...

FinsPensFan and sking29 like this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I am interested in seeing if they can make a season of scrubs that is beyond JD.

Still, great episode. One of the best send offs to a series ever.

Even if Scrubs does come back next year, it won't be the same Scrubs.

3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

The show is based around JD, so having episodes that don't have him in it, makes for a lesser show. They did one earlier this year and it was just...off.

I love that cast though. Janitor, Ted, Dr. Cox. I strive to be any of those three in life. :lol:

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I missed it I'll have to wait for ABC to put it up online.

Oh and Hooch is crazy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-8fWbnxgSU&feature=related"]YouTube - Scrubs - Hooch Is Back!!![/ame]

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  5. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Maybe Hooch becomes the New JD!

Hooch is seriously crazy...

6. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Snoop dog Intern > Hooch

Good finale. Glad Scrubs got a good sendoff. But honestly, a spin off or continuing the show wtihout JD is a horrible idea. The show really fell off the last few seasons (still good though) and JD is the heart of the show. Janitor, Cox, and Turk are great, but they don't make great stars. I just can't see the show moving forward in anyway.

7. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    This season was pretty good. However, the 2 previous ones stunk it up

8. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I thought the this last season started off wonderfully (like older episodes good) and then after the month break it took things went downhill. The final episode was good and I enjoyed the ending showing everyone who was on the show and recounting memories for us the fans (that was my favorite part; the ending was more for us the fans than the actual character of JD). I'll miss the show now that it's supposedly gone because, honestly, its about the only television show I never miss.

As for what happens next, from what I have read they want to base the series off the interns that were introduced this last season, which I think will never work because frankly I hated the interns. You could see the shift this past season with some episodes being all about the new interns. However, if the rest of the cast past JD stays on I will keep an eye on it even though the two episodes JD wasn't in this season were not very good at all.

Also according to rumors no one knows if the name "Scrubs" will be kept or if it will change or even if it's all over. I truly don't know what is going on because the guide information said last night was the season finale, so did ABC, and at the end of the episode showing behind the scenes footage Lawrence (I believe) kept saying that's a "season" wrap for Zach Braff, Judy Reyes, etc. so I don't know what that meant but the episode sure seemed like a sendoff. The episode also seemed weird in that it didn't say where JD was going just that he was leaving (the previous episode mentioned that he wanted to be closer to his son but in JD's flash forward sequences he had only one child with Elliot and not Kim). So did he get another job at another hospital or what?

Many questions still out there.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    "Its Snoop Dog Attending now"

unluckyluciano and Clark Kent like this.
  10. Baxter

Baxter Premium Member Luxury Box

In the previous episode he said he was offerd a job at the hospital where Kim works at so he was taking it to be closer to his son.

sking29 likes this.
  11. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Ah somehow missed that. :up:

12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I have to disagree. The one that centered on Turk and Elliot that focused on the new interns learning how to rely on each other was one of the best of the season.

I still do the Hivvy.

13. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    That's what makes us all different, the important thing is that someone is actually still watching the show.

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    2k5 likes this.
  15. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Scrubs is my favorite show on TV, the character development throughout the eight years has been great, and I'm really gonna miss JD. I have mixed feelings about them bringing it back, but I hope they do I think. Maybe JD can just have a smaller role since he's farther away now? Or is Zach Braff completely done?

Jt0323 and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  16. emeraldfin

emeraldfin All I've got is insane

Dec 12, 2007
    Carlow, Ireland
    Dr Beardface best character ever :lol:

17. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Loved the episode and Hooch, Dan (the brother), and the old lady from the first season were the best inclusions in that lineup. Totally cried though during that last montage.

Anyway, I would like to see a spin-off focusing on Denise (Eliza Coupe), but it would have to be a Cheers to Frasier kind of thing.

18. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I'm interested to see what happens but personally focusing on the interns (especially Denise) for me is a huge turn off. I don't really know where they can go from here but with the declining ratings the original Scrubs had I'm afraid that a spinoff might be the next "Joey" if anyone remembers that more than a "Frasier" spinoff of "Cheers" (which I didn't even know was a spinoff). I could be wrong, of course, but I'm not expecting much especially if most of the main characters are lost but I will definitely give it a chance before writing it off (which Lawrence is apparently steamed about).

19. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

From what Lawrence wrote, it sounds as if Zach might even be around if they decided to do another season?

I think the main problem is this: I have personally checked out of Scrubs. I watched all through this season and loved the ending. But to me, it was just that, an ending. I think a lot of people did the exact same thing. Saw it, smiled, thought that it ended on a positive note and have moved on with their lives.

Now, if they decide to bring it back, everyone will have to try to fight what their brains have already told them to be true (that the show was over). If people have already, essentially, said goodbye to the show, they may not embrace it as readily if it were to come back.

All of this is, of course, on a subconscious level so people might not be aware of why they dislike it going forward, and thus, write the show off as being bad, when in fact, they simply have moved on without realizing it.

20. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I like Leonard, the hook-handed security guard (with that afro) too.

"I love me some white meat."

21. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Replace Ted with Turk, or even just his dancing skills, and this is the best post ever. :lol:

22. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Obama's speech a few weeks ago bumped the episode off the air. It's on ABC.com though, so I've heard.

sking29 likes this.
  23. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    It would have to be a completely new show in my mind. Like maybe Denise and Sunny decide to open up a clinic somewhere or something. Denise is the only character that I would be behind starring in a spinoff though. She was a very intriguing character and she is so so so so hot.

24. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    That's a definite possibility with the way Lawrence was hinting, we'll see but I don't think I'll like it. :wink2:

25. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Well Scrubs has been officially renewed for a ninth season. Apparently Braff will be back for six transitional episodes and that likely will be the same with Chalke. McGinley, Fiason, and Flynn will be back if their pilots are not picked up (although it should be said that Flynn's has officially been picked up and word is good about Fiasons).

Personally, I say just move on with Denise and lets get it going.

26. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    ill trust bill

27. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Huge mistake. The finale was so good too. This is seriously becoming the Bret Favre of TV shows. Let a good thing go...

28. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Just an update with some good news. John C. McGinley's new pilot was not picked up by CBS . . . so he will be back as a regular on Scrubs. Of all the three that could have been back (he, Turk, or Janitor) I am glad it is he who will be back.

sking29 likes this.
  29. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well not if your John C. McGinley. :lol:

Anyway according to Wikipedia, Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke have signed up for six episodes to help transition the show and as you mention McGinley along with Donald Faison and Neil Flynn (the Janitor) will be regulars. Also it said Judy Reyes may reprise her role as a sort of guest star character. The new format is not yet known and who knows it could be another season we are all familiar with since it's changing so much.

30. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    off topic but i was watching Rookie of the Year and noticed that the great Neil Flynn is their first baseman!
    [​IMG]

sking29 likes this.
  31. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Well both Faison and Flynn's pilots got picked up to series, so they wont be regulars, but will be back.

sking29 likes this.
  32. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well that's why I prefaced what I said by saying it was from Wikipedia. :wink2:

Thanks for clearing things up. :up: