1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Houston - You Got A Problem

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well Dan was the better passer and quarterback in my opinion. But I really think people need to stop knocking Brady because of the system he plays in. Yes it favors QB's, but he's the one who does the best at the system he's in.

The MarinoPhinFan guy has had an agenda on Brady for years now and has been using the same argument each time, it is quite old now.

Every expert worth a damn (the one's that actually matter and grades these QB's), ranks Joe Montana in their Top 5, some of them have him as the best ever. Montana had teams loaded with talent too. And the guy was labled a system QB. Brady is the most similar to Montana.

2. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

Not to nitpick but exactly what record did Brady break on Monday? The media keeps making it out to be the best ever performance but it ranks 5th all time and is largely padded by that one Welker pass.

Now that doesn't excuse the Dolphin defense because even without that pass, Brady put up some pretty gaudy stats but I think there is a really simple solution to the problem..... make sure Vonte and Sean are hydrating properly this week so that we can play our 1st string CBs at 100%.

3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    See, stats are what you make of it. You can look at someone's total, or you can look at how efficient they are. Marino had better stats career wise it seems, because he tossed it more, much much more. And at the beginning of their careers, Marino was light years ahead of Brady. NO QUESTION. Those early years are magical. It is the reason I'm not a Chargers fan. Seriously. Long story behind that, but it is why at age 34 I'm a dolphins fan for 27 years and have only been a dolphins fan.

But if you look at efficiency, Brady has Marino beat. Tosses more TDs per throw, and less INT's per throw. Again, that possibly goes back to eras and rule changes (The Peyton Manning Whining Rule is what I call it, I still remember the press conference where it looked like Peyton was going to cry). But Dan's INT totals were high those years. 3.7%, 4.0%. Those are high numbers.

Dan had the best arm ever, in the NFL. There is no doubt in my mind. He was the best pure passer ever, There is no doubt in my mind. Quick release, pure physical ability.

But when it comes to Quarterbacking, leading his team, I'm not sure you can make the argument that Brady isn't better right now, than Dan ever was. For Brady to make the kind of throws and have the performances he has, with about HALF the arm Marino had, is simply amazing.

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Highest total on MNF?

Now that he is ranked 5th, he also broke the former 5th best passing total performance :D

5. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Stopping Andre Johnson won't happen no matter who is on him, even Nnamdi and Revis would struggle with him. We really need to stop the run, and for once we need to STOP THE TE's. (easier said than done?)

Just try and hope Johnson does minimal damage, but you know he will have some big plays, probably a TD. Also, please be consistent Henne! Hope he has another solid game. Texans Pass D is better than it was last year, and probably better than the Patriots secondary. We really need to run, hope DThomas can play and hope they use Reggie on the outside.

If the defense is as good as they say they'd stop an explosive offense. They better be ready, because they have the Chargers in two weeks as well.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Brady's numbers didn't explode until the NFL instituted the 5 yard penalty for illegal contact.

Which is funny because the rule was created because of the Colts complaining about the Patriots.

7. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    FWIW, our D was completely embarrassed on national TV. Each and every player SUCKED. The D gets to play with much more emotion than the O. If for some reason they do not bring it on Sunday, which I cannot imagine happening, our season is in grave jepordy. I believe they will "bring it" in a Big win vs Houston.

8. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    They must. I expected to lose to New England week 1, a team with a new offense vs a team with an offense that's been in place for over 10 years (plus elite QB). Did not expect the defense to implode. If only that 99 yard TD never happened. Dolphins need a better game plan on defense AND on offense in the red zone.

9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Sad part is Johnson is going to want a big game at his hometown. He didn't really explode in Week 1 though he had a good game, so he's likely to do so in Week 2, motivated in Miami with his Canes' Nation cheering for him.

10. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    They're a tough team to face on offense but I think we can stop them. I think the DL will get to Schaub especially Wake against Eric Winston.

11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Do you mean MarinePhinFan, he's only been on this site for a year no??