1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about Mike Shula as HEad Coach he meets all of Ross's demands!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Just listened to NFL network on Sirius and Pat Kerwin mentioned that Miami should be interviewing and hiring either Jay Gruden or Mike Shula..

Shula has coaching experience and done well, and he carries the Shula name (young Shula) and would be welcome in Miami in a heart beat.. I would be ok with either of those two as non-sexy big hire names...Would you guys welcome Shula as the next Head Coach?

2. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Dave Shula was such a good football coach, that he's now selling steaks!

IDK - I guess I'd be on board w/ this, but a little skeptical.

3. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Mike Shula as in "I got canned from Alabama for sucking" Mike Shula? I'll pass.....but thanks for the thought

4. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be smug. I guess what I meant is, if Mike Shula was all that, he'd have been in demand as an NFL head coach a long time ago.

5. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    The same as Mike "I ended Tyrone Protho's career" shula. To be fair tho he is a Tim Tebow commitment away from probably not getting fired.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Not trying to be rude here, but Tebow being at Alabama=/= Tebow at Florida. But putting that aside, couldn't you say ANY college coach is XXXX committing away from keeping their job/getting fired?

7. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    ok you yardbirds how about Mike (I HAD TO COACH A TEA WHILE ON PROBATION ) Shula i have mentioned his name several times but I beleive he could coach if he has good coaches around him.

I also have good news for my fellow fin fans my main man mr Terrell Buckley was hired today as a secondary coach but I am not sure where but it was mentioned on the radio today.

hey wait a minute which coaching tree does fall under I say Jimmy Johnson.

while we are on this topic why did Don Shula have asuccessful coaching tree ?

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    What is this. I don't even.