How about some credit to the Jets?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Sep 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I was saying that last night if Brad Smith is doing that against them, what do you think Tate is going to do...??

Special Teams guys they lose games for you, Spar better go Sparano Island on these guys Pads, and find somebody they wants to tackle the guy with the ball...

padre31 likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Same here, I do think we maybe are a playoff caliber team, I also think the Staff has a huge challenge in coaching up so many guys.

-Brand hammer new personnel on ST-Bonamego
    -Dline in new positions-Kacy Rogers
    -Secondary:Clemons, J Allen, N Carrol-Todd Bowles
    -Oline JJ, Proctor, McQuistan-Gugs
    -Two UDFA wr's-Dorrel
    -4 DE to OLB conversions-Sheridan
    -Revolving Te's-George Deleone

That is a heck of a menu of Green Players to Coach Up, but that is also Sparano's way and why we usually start out slowly. If you look at Sparano history, it is not until Gm #4 or #5 that things fall into place and the team clicks in all three phases of the Game.

That is why this 2-1 record should be a cause for some confidence, and we had a real shot at tying the game in the last seconds against a good Jest team.

Do agree that we need more shiftiness in the backfield, all of the exotic plays Henning likes to run would be better used with a Rb with some speed..

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Why are the Jets considered the depleted team when we lost our starting NT and DE before the season started and were missing our starting RG, a starting LB and our replacement starting DE in this game?

finyank13 and padre31 like this.
  4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    No problem deej.......Miami has Bobby Carpenter, he covers tight ends like a glove......:shifty:

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Oh why Pads, ends arounds to a WR with 4.5-4.6 speed isnt a good call?? Stop putting Marshall in that predictment please, you are just going to get him hurt....

djphinfan likes this.
  6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No real defense against a perfectly thrown pass FY, Carpenter missed it by less than an inch on Keller's TD.

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    thats because he was trying to catch up to him after being burnt...

8. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I fully gave them credit in my post last night.

They have a better roster at this point, their coaching staff outschemed us and they finished drives when they had the chance. We didn't bottom line.
    They took that game and deserved the win on every level.

Dosen't change the fact that I hate them with every fiber of my being.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

They tend to be more of a problem early in the yr FY, look at the Chargers, historically a Top 3 ST unit with numerous players who made pro bowl appearances as the "ST Representitive" and they lost because Leon Washington took 2 KO's for TD's.

But Football Outsiders claims ST is only worth 1 pt, O and D are worth 3 pts each, to which Rafael and myself have went round and round about it.

To me, they can cost a game far more easily than they can win a game.

Tomorrow is Terminator Tuesday FY, let's see who is voted off of Sparano Island.

A part of me wonders about Yamon Figurs, a Returner/ST/#4 Wr type who we tried to claim in 09 but lost out to the Lions, he could have a cup of coffee in Davie on Tuesday.

finyank13 likes this.
  10. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    why do we have to give credit to the Jets? They didn't give us credit last year when we swept them.

11. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    Really good post. Thanks a lot, man.

12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Perfectly said....but I will say right now it is painful to watch them on ST.....like Pat White painful to watch......

13. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I 100% agree....the game was ours to win and we choked. NY played well, there's no denying that, but that does not mean we should be throwing them a parade.

If anything, Jets fans should be giving Dan Henning praise today, not the other way around.

14. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They were outcoached by the Jets. Plain and simple. The Jets came out ready to play. The fact Miami ever took the lead in that game or were in a position to win is a testament to some of the talent we have. It is obviously being squandered b/c in the end inconsistency is what has been driving us crazy for some time now. Our chances for a split are now slim to none this season. We can't beat them in September at home without Revis or Santonio Holmes, how in the hell are we going to beat them in the cold up north with those guys playing?

You'll see the inconcistency again next week when the offense that marched up and down the field at will against a top D struggles against a soft Pats defense. There is no reason to expect this but reason has nothing to do with what our Dolphins give us on the field week in and week out.

finyank13 and MikeHoncho like this.