how are u guys planning on getting over this loss?

46 replies

ilovemyfins4evailovemyfins4evaNew MemberOP
Oct 25, 2010, 12:05 AM

this loss was an extremely difficult loss for our fins for many reasons. we can start with the missed opportunity's we didn't take advantage in the game, the big 3rd down conversions we gave up, etc.

the one thing that makes this loss almost impossible to get over, is despite all that, we had the game won until the ****in zebras decided to get involved. we were going to be 4-2 , 2-2 in the AFC, tied with the Pitt steelers for the wild-card with us getting the nod over them due to tiebreakers, 1 game behind the jets and pats,etc. all that was taken away from us.

now we are looking at a 2 game whole to the pats and jets in the AFC east with them both having tiebreakers over us, and behind lots of other teams.

i feel like killing myself. this loss has taken such toll on me.it would be one thing if we lost 31-20, we stunk it up, we deserved to lose, etc. then it would be like,OK, im pissed, but we only have ourselves to blame. however we were robbed. this is almost as bad as a real bank robbery which warrants anywhere from 25 years to life.

our season was possibly ruined. i just cant take it.

how do u guys plan on getting over this loss? i can see this loss haunting me for the next month at least, and if we miss the playoffs by a game, it would haunt me for a year possibly.

i am so ticked right now, anyone feel like i do?

PHPhinatic425New Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:06 AM

Im going to go punch some kittens...

It's Sunday Morning, Where the Phins at?

ilovemyfins4evailovemyfins4evaNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:13 AM

i am feeling suicidal:cry::cry:

FIfinsincebirthForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2010, 12:16 AM

Probably by avoiding this site. It's sad but true, because when we lose this board is the pitts.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 25, 2010, 12:18 AM

By the season rolling onwards, this hose job will live in Dolphins lore for as long as there is a Dolphins Team.

At the end of the day...next Sunday..Dolphins v Bengals at 1 pm.

The Sparanophins did punch the Steelers in the mouth and ended at least 1 Steelers season (DE Aaron Smith) and Flozell Adams, Lamar Woodley are both injured so they will not forget this game either.

It is hard to win in this league Bro, damn hard.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2010, 12:20 AM

"ilovemyfins4eva wrote:

this loss was an extremely difficult loss for our fins for many reasons. we can start with the missed opportunity's we didn't take advantage in the game, the big 3rd down conversions we gave up, etc.

the one thing that makes this loss almost impossible to get over, is despite all that, we had the game won until the ****in zebras decided to get involved. we were going to be 4-2 , 2-2 in the AFC, tied with the Pitt steelers for the wild-card with us getting the nod over them due to tiebreakers, 1 game behind the jets and pats,etc. all that was taken away from us.

now we are looking at a 2 game whole to the pats and jets in the AFC east with them both having tiebreakers over us, and behind lots of other teams.

i feel like killing myself. this loss has taken such toll on me.it would be one thing if we lost 31-20, we stunk it up, we deserved to lose, etc. then it would be like,OK, im pissed, but we only have ourselves to blame. however we were robbed. this is almost as bad as a real bank robbery which warrants anywhere from 25 years to life.

our season was possibly ruined. i just cant take it.

how do u guys plan on getting over this loss? i can see this loss haunting me for the next month at least, and if we miss the playoffs by a game, it would haunt me for a year possibly.

i am so ticked right now, anyone feel like i do?

Not to get too serious here but the bold isn't for real right?

MarinePhinFanMarinePhinFanNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:25 AM

I'm going to get my kids to wear referee costumes for Halloween, and then I'm going to ground them to their rooms and not let them go trick-or-treating!!

That and I'm going to punch my co-worker, who's a Steelers fan, in the balls Monday morning.

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw

ilovemyfins4evailovemyfins4evaNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:25 AM

"Finascious D wrote:

Not to get too serious here but the bold isn't for real right?

na man, thanks for caring though. u no the emotions of a football saying, i would never actually kill myself, let alone over a sporting event, but the passion i have for my fins, this one kills. but no, i am not killing myself, thanks for worrying though man.:up::lol:

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 25, 2010, 12:28 AM

"finsincebirth wrote:

Probably by avoiding this site. It's sad but true, because when we lose this board is the pitts.

Iluvmyfins4eva is a hardcore, he turned down some suki suki so he could watch a replay of the Packers v Fins game...

Personally, I thought he should have chosen Suki suki, but that is just me.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2010, 12:29 AM

"ilovemyfins4eva wrote:

na man, thanks for caring though. u no the emotions of a football saying, i would never actually kill myself, let alone over a sporting event, but the passion i have for my fins, this one kills. but no, i am not killing myself, thanks for worrying though man.:up::lol:

I figured. Anytime I see/hear someone say that, I figure its always worth asking, regardless if I think they mean it or not.

In the answer to your thread question though, I'd suggest sex if you're over 18 or masturbation if you're not. They don't call it a release for nothing.

Oct 25, 2010, 12:32 AM

These kind of losses are especially tough. I mean, we've proved all year we can play with the best of them. The team has talent, it has heart, it has toughness, and can go punch to punch with the best teams in the league. Then, just one play here or there, one bad call, one missed assignment and it's a loss. I love the makeup of this team though, so I'm certainly not giving up. Got to come back next week in Cincy and put together a complete game and get the W.

ilovemyfins4evailovemyfins4evaNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:34 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Iluvmyfins4eva is a hardcore, he turned down some suki suki so he could watch a replay of the Packers v Fins game...

Personally, I thought he should have chosen Suki suki, but that is just me.

thanks man, i did get to do both so it was a win win. i just told my hoe that i needed to watch the fins replay first, than we can ****. i mean, why do only one if u can do both?:lol::lol:

ilovemyfins4evailovemyfins4evaNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:35 AM

"Finascious D wrote:

I figured. Anytime I see/hear someone say that, I figure its always worth asking, regardless if I think they mean it or not.

In the answer to your thread question though, I'd suggest sex if you're over 18 or masturbation if you're not. They don't call it a release for nothing.

ya, unfortunately, my girlfriend isn't with me now, so sex isn't an option tonight. masturbation however:lol:

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2010, 12:36 AM

We're going to pay the Bengals in Rape Dollars Sunday and go on from there.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

ilovemyfins4evailovemyfins4evaNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:37 AM

like if this was baseball , basketball, hockey, or any other sport, ok, it would suck, there r plenty of games though, we get on the floor the next day and win.

being this is football, this is just so brutal to deal with. we have to wait till next sunday minimum to get this taste out of our mouths.

also, now the ravens game is a must win.

jazzjazzNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 12:41 AM

i got over it when i turned off the television in disgust.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 25, 2010, 12:48 AM

The more important question is how will the team respond next week.

Last season, after we got fvcked in the @ss by the refs in the Saints game, we went up to New Jersey and beat the Jets, 30-25. So hopefully this year's team can respond in a similar fashion when we travel to Cincy to play the Bengals.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 25, 2010, 12:50 AM

"ilovemyfins4eva wrote:

thanks man, i did get to do both so it was a win win. i just told my hoe that i needed to watch the fins replay first, than we can ****. i mean, why do only one if u can do both?:lol::lol:

Wrap it up B...wrap that **** up...:lol:

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2010, 02:42 AM

Driving to Gene Steratore's house in Washington, PA and spray painting "Miami Dolphins!" "Screwjob" and "Laces Out! Die Gene Die!"

:up:

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Oct 25, 2010, 03:06 AM

Focus on next week

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 04:32 AM

Booze. Lots of booze.

ASASUFinFanForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2010, 04:44 AM

I was furious, and disgusted. And I didn't watch football the rest of the day. Ruined my NFL sunday. I need to get to the point where I don't care so much, and just roll with the punches. Easier said than done.

I owe GISH a beer for helping me throw this sig pic together...

Man Up, Beer Down!

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Oct 25, 2010, 09:31 AM

Is the OP for real ? C'mon bro, after all its just a game.

Is he serious ? Dude, if you feel like that its time to step away for a while, like the rest of the season.

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Oct 25, 2010, 09:37 AM

I'm avoiding ESPN and all football coverage until the Cinci game. Hurts too much.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2010, 09:39 AM

I going with absolute denial.

We won that game. We beat what many believe is the best team in the NFL.