1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are we to fix all these issues?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Dec 26, 2022.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    If you’re going to rebuild as if you were an expansion team, you’re going to want as much draft capital as you can get. And seeing how we have no draft picks to speak of at the moment…

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think I mis spoke. I didn't mean to start completely over as a franchise. Just the front office. Wiped out.

Hooligan and dolphin25 like this.
  3. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    One problem for Ross firing Grier is the optics around it. Flores was fired and flung racial discrimination at him. Does Grier do something similar? Firing an African American executive is like shooting a unicorn.

What dirt does Grier have? You know Flores had some and it resulted in some lost draft picks. What's Grier got? He's been with the organization a looooong time. You know he's got some dirt. If you fire this man, you better make sure you pay him to STFU and leave quietly.

dolphin25 likes this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    It's unfortunately completely true. No matter how much Grier might deserved to be canned, the media will hate it, and we already hsve a target on our back.

StaleTacos likes this.
  5. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    What sucks is these last 2 games. We really needed Tua to play to see what he really is and make a final decision. Now we are stuck in no mans land. Unless of course Bridgewater plays really well and carries Dolphins to 2 wins. But, when you now have to worry about his injuries all of the time, kinda hard to stay with him.

6. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Whether we agree on Tua or not, I think we're all in agreement on here that THIS IS the worst possible circumstance that could have came up. Two games left to go, Tua has concussion symptoms again, the last month has been a disaster with him. Now we're stuck in the mud wondering WTF is going on and what is going to happen. ALL I have ever wanted out of this team is to find some stability at the quarterback position. I realize it's harder than expected, but it's been 25 years and we just can't seem to get it right. We lead the Joe Burrow race only to win some meaningless games at the end of the year. We pass on Herbert...That will forever be a debate until we get a definitive answer on how Tua and Herberts careers go. It's just frustrating at this point. I can't wait until the offseason when the team signs Baker Mayfield.

dolphin25 likes this.
  7. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    it is Amazing how well Mayfield has played with the Rams. I believe their offense is similar to ours... could be interesting signing.

8. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Nobody is making Baker their starter so he will stay with the Rams.

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Costa Rica
    I don't know how you can possibly roll with Tua going forward, he's just too fragile. The blow to the head that allegedly cause this last concussion was not definitive and certainly not unusually violent. Could concussion symptoms also have caused the poor play by Tua in the San Fran and Chargers game? How can you build an NFL team around a QB that you're reasonably sure is going to miss a number of games during the season? Plenty of QBs make it through an entire NFL season without missing time, Tua is just not one of them.

dolphin25 likes this.
  10. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    For a young guy that McD can mold...
    Skylar Thompson has not yet eliminated himself from that discussion. His regular season work this season wasnt as sexy as his preseason but the fact that TeddyB got the first-team snaps in practice that week but got unfairly removed for an imaginary concussion didn't help us in New Jersey back in October. He didn't do enough there to negate the promise he showed in August.

11. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Why not? Won 2 of 3 for the Rams without much work with them. Rams might just make him the starter.

12. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Skylar we terrible in Houston. Not saying that eliminates him totally, but not a positive

13. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Especially if Stafford retires. I know what he said a week ago, but you never know. He did get his ring, and the Rams are a mess…

14. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I’d rather take a flier on one of the second tier QBs in the draft than count on Skyler for anything.

15. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    He has been very efficient in 2 games and terrible in the other while he was close to the worst starter in the league with Carolina who improved without him. We are talking about a guy who nobody else even tried to claim besides LA. His overall body of work is too poor for a serious team to make him their starter. Maybe he can start as a placeholder for a developing rookie. Certainly can't start in Miami as they can't afford to so obviously downgrade at the position.

16. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    If Chris Grier is in the building, this team will be back at 2-3 wins a year by 2024.

mlb1399 likes this.