1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did Beck look in the 2nd half?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by nosoapradio, Jan 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. nosoapradio

nosoapradio Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I was wondering if someone can report on what they saw from Beck in the Cincy game when Lemon went down? The more detailed the better.

I was out of the country and just got back.

Happy New Year!

-NSR

2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He looked good, though he fumbled away the ball his first time out.

3. general tso

general tso New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    His first two series were disasters. Surely you know about the fumble for the TD, but his next series he threw 2 horrible < 5 yard passes that were no where close to the intended targets, leading to a 3 and out.

Once Beck's nerves settled down, however, I thought he looked really good and showed glimpses that he could be our QB answer. He was extremely accurate (5 of his incompletions came from 2 spikes and 3 drops), showed good touch on some short passes to L Booker and he's our only QB that seems to look for Ginn.

If Bill watches the tape from this game and the Philly game he might see enough to think Beck can be the guy. His play in his first two series of this game and in the other 3 games, however, leaves a lot of doubt.

Personally, I think Beck's main problems have been Cameron instilling the fear of making a mistake and calling plays ultra conservatively, setting him up for failure. How many times have we passed on first down with Beck in the game? When your coach is acting like he doesn't trust you by his play calling, it's gotta mess with your head a little.

Should be interesting to find out what Bill thinks of him...

4. mmikel30

mmikel30 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    in a house
    if you want to hear the truth beck had two td's the first came on adrive in which he threw 3 yard passes to lo. booker and booker made things happen got to the goal line and beck had a 1 yard qb sneak for a td...the other td came when the game was over we were in hurry up mode you know how that goes most every team gets yards and even scores at the end of games especially if the game is pretty much locked up so if you didn't see that half don't put much stock into it. it's what would happen in a preseason game because like the preseason it didn't count for anything . people can say o'h he finally came through and played well he did but when the game was over and there was no pressure . that's the truth they can fabricate it all they want but it's the truth

5. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

hmmm, does good so it's garbage time.. if he had done badly something tells me that isn't what you would be saying.. just a hunch.

6. Pjack

Pjack New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    He did look good after another disastrous start, but you definitely can't ignore it was garbage time down by 21 to one of the worst teams in the league. Lets call a duck a duck.

Does that mean Beck is a qualified bust? No, but I am not in the group that thinks we should pin our future on him just yet. Let's get some competition through the draft or a vet and let him win the job.