1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did Parker play?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Surfs Up 99, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    I didn't get a chance to see the game. I was looking at his stats and I see he caught about 67% of his passes and averaged 22.3 yards per catch. However, since stats need to be taken into context, I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone thought of his play. I know we lost, but that looks like it was on the defense. Our offense did manage to put up some decent points. Was Parker a difference maker? Should we have targeted him more? Is anyone encouraged?

2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    The problem with Parker isn't his play on the field. It's getting him on the field that's the problem. It's why he's so frustrating.

Surfs Up 99 and Fin-O like this.
  3. Harleydude666

Harleydude666 Active Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Nah, it’s his play on the field which is atrocious at times, especially when he doesn’t jump for the ball or break up interceptions. In this game though he played like a first round pick. However, I see this slug becoming lazy again really fast. I don’t think he’s got the personality to sustain intensity and compete week in and week out

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It seems as though he does not conceptually understand the importance of work ethic and pushing your body to make it better then your just what you have to offer genetically.

Talent wise it’s hi level stuff, but upstairs is a question mark.

He played a very good game, made some tough catches.timely catches.

Surfs Up 99, Bumrush and Fin-O like this.
  5. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    he dropped a few key passes that where in both hands. so usual parker... show up a couple time collect stats, never actually benefit the team.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I only saw one pass that I thought was catch-able that he didn't come down with, but it was also a great play by the DB. All in all, I thought he played a really good game.

KeyFin, Surfs Up 99, resnor and 4 others like this.
  7. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Parker had 1 drop, not sure where "he dropped several key passes" comes from, so we need to get that straight. He was targeted a few more times but the ball was not there, notably a wide open shot when he got behind the d and Osweiler over threw him by 5 yards.

I've been very hard on him because I think he's soft and has no fight in his game, but I have to give him props in this game. He played extremely well. Made a few really nice grabs and if Brock had hit him on that deep ball he would have gone over 200 yards with a TD. One of the best players on the field for us. Of course the worry is will he show uo again next week or just disappear again. The guy that played Thursday was the guy we thought we drafted.

8. Dolphins1372

Dolphins1372 Guest

I was about to say who cares.
    Did we win?
    But if you didnt see it.
    He looked ok. Nothing great.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  9. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    From PFT:

With the Dolphins still in contention for a playoff berth, coach Adam Gase expects the team’s core group of players to remain in Miami after Tuesday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline.

“It’s highly unlikely that something like that would happen,” Gase said Monday, via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald.

Receiver DeVante Parker reportedly has drawn interest from other teams, but the Dolphins’ injuries at the position make it unlikely the team would trade him. Parker had a career-high 134 receiving yards Thursday night against the Texans, days after his agent criticized Gase.

Parker said after the game that a trade is “not on my mind at all,” and, on Monday, Gase was adamant the Dolphins are not trading Parker.

“Yeah, I do,” Gase said when asked if he expected Parker to be with the team after Tuesday.

10. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    He played good enough to trade for a guard, or a fourth at least.