1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does this affect the NFL (and other sports) ?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by DolfanJake, Feb 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Tone_E likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ill never forget when i was interning for dan lebatards show ex viking running back robert smith said atleast 70% of all nfl players are on or have been on hgh or roids. staggering number from a former player

gunn34, DolfanJake and Tone_E like this.
  3. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Staggering indeed! That is a large percentage.

What is wrong with periodic blood tests? More invasive? They are being tested to ensure no illegal substances are ingested/injected. What else could possibly be found? HIV maybe? I don't see the logic behind refusing a blood test. If anything they could help identify health problems in advance, low white cell content, etc.

DolfanJake likes this.
  4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    He was only about 30% off. Coincidentally, Ernest Graham pegs the number of players using HGH at 30%. He was 70% off as well. :lol:

DolfanJake and SICK like this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    seriously though....i played football at the division 2 level here in NC....and it was unreal how many players were using....and most of them hgh. i dunno how they could afford it, but they did....i watched them inject it.

Hell i took winny-v.....ill never forget the advice of the senior linebacker on varsity when i was in highschool a freshman special teams linebacker.....he said "kid you wanna go somewhere in football? use juice"

scary he was mostly right

DolfanJake and Fin-Omenal like this.
  6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    These days bro you can obtain chinese hgh wich is very effective, for about 600 a 6month cycle.

Im not gonna lie, If I had the contacts and the $$$ I woulda juiced in HS

DolfanJake likes this.
  7. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    they should test ALL professional players. with how much these guys get paid, they better follow the ****ing rules.

gunn34 and DolfanJake like this.
  8. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Thanks brothers. I think most people believe a blood test, which will be the only way to test for HGH, since I believe that is where it is in the body, is considered more invasive because of that very reason - to test for HGH you have to also see all the other things in the blood, so you can eliminate them during the process. This means all drugs will be found, and there will be no masking agent as is there for steroids testing.

Many folks think HGH and steroids are the same thing, and they are completely different.

Tone_E likes this.
  9. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I agree, but finding out all these things can cost a guy millions of $$$ and I think the players unions will fight this tooth and nail.

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    the tough thing about hgh is the appeal process will be ridiculous.....because the human body produces hgh....and in some cases, it produces it in small levels meaning medically some people (like my cousin) are prescribed hgh. and some people have their body produce it at abnormally high levels. so even if blood tests detect high levels of hgh in a person....and even if they are taking hgh illegally....they will probably appeal the suspension and claim its naturally produced at high levels.

meaning more $$ to get the medical professionals to prove its illegally induced into the blood stream.....and not naturally made.

fine line.....fine line indeed

Tone_E and Fin-Omenal like this.
  11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

And hence why it is used so frequently....its beatable.

HGH used alone without any anabolic steriods is not nearly as effective as it would be WITH anabolics... for example a pro body builder would never use JUST HgH. Used alone its effectivness is more centered to body fat loss and your bodies ability to recover.

But make no mistake it is a highly effective drug in muscle growth just sort of apples and oranges as far as using it while on anabolics and not on anabolics.

Research shows that using it before approx. the age of 30 can have bad effects as far as your body producing its natural hormone level.

The more we talk about this the more I wanna order a cycle! (Oops can I say that?)

SICK likes this.
  12. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    this post has been reported to the feds...enjoy ur day