1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of you think we really an 11-5 team ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finserg, Dec 29, 2008.

1. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Im so happy we won but deep in my heart i truly believe we are not an 11-5 team just yet,next year is gonna be a tough one for our coaches as we will be expecting playoffs .If we have a losing record hell will break ! :cry:

2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    In the words of a great man "We are what our record says we are!" (I believe thats called AFC EAST CHAMPIONS!!!

3. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    We won 11 games and lost 5, therefore we are an 11-5 team. You play the schedule the NFL gives you and that's what we did. Next year is next year, we have a playoff game this weekend

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  4. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    I know we aren't really AFC east champs either. In fact, we should just forfeit the game against Baltimore because we really don't belong there.

5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think we're a 10.5-5.5 team. We should be docked .10 for wins against KC, OAK, STL, and BUFF X2.

The Almighty Patriots played a MUCH tougher schedule than we did and they finished 11-5, so they are the real AFC East Champions. We should send our nice, new gray hats to them. They earned it and we didn't.

Agua likes this.
  6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I've been able to read for about 25 years or so now and I clearly saw 11-5 printed in the spot for Miami's record. From multiple sources. So yes I believe it. You play the schedule you're given. You are what you are. Miami is an 11 win team and they are a playoff team. Accept it, stop being scared.

7. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I think we are average team, playing +.500 ball, and it is all due to the fact that we are playing as a TEAM...

No egos...No whinners...they all do they respected jobs and believe in themselves...

8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

we are who we thought we were.

the record determines the team.

11-5 it is.

AFC East Champs? Oh yeah!

9. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    I just checked our record and we are a 11-5 team.

I've seen Miami teams lose the last 2-4 games and go into the play offs at 11-5. THEY were not 11-5 teams.

dolphindebby likes this.
  10. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    And I was once told there are no stupid questions....:pity:

11. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    chicken **** statement.

the only difference in our schedules...

they played pit at home(L), and at the colts(L).

we played home vs the ravens(L) and @ houston(L).

thats not a HUGE difference, 14 games are the same...and if they were truly better, they'd have taken care of business...because of those four games, we were both 0-2.

the Almighties played all those same teams you want to dock us for.

(unless you're joking, in which case, my bad)

12. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007

The fact is that we played the two worst divisions in the league in the AFC West and the NFC West. It is the reason why three teams in the AFC East had the opportunity to finish with double digit wins. We will not have such the easy schedule next year.

Here are the two things to take from the easy schedule.

1. Our division has to play the same divisions that we play. So if our schedule is tougher due to the fact that we do not get to play the west again, so is theirs....

2. We made the best of the easy schedule. We won the division. Had we not won the division, many of us would have looked upon this year as a missed opportunity.

13. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I will answer the question in the spirit it was asked and not go with the easy answer. I was convinced we earned this record yesterday when we won a game we were supposed to win decisively and by executing well despite being in a hostile environment with the pressure of a division championship on the line.

cnc66 likes this.
  14. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    our record is 11-5 so we are clearly an 11-5 team. Will we match it next year?? It will be VERY difficult

cnc66 likes this.
  15. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Let's just clear this up:

- We're an 11-5 team.
    - We're AFC East Champions.
    - We're in the playoffs.
    - We're a legitimate dark horse Super Bowl contender.

What a great time to be a Miami Dolphins fan!

Phinperor, cnc66 and calphin like this.
  16. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yes, I was joking.

17. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    is everyone gonna say we had an easy schedule next year, after the AFC East beats up 2 divisions again? i mean, the worst team(Bills) in our division went 6-2 against those divisions. and say what you will its not easy flying across country 3 to 5 times in a season, crappy teams or not!

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    laying it on pretty thick there, lol.

If Andre Johnson wasn't such a beast, we would be 12-4. But we are what our record says we are. 11-5.

If you need a visual, check my sig.

19. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    my bad, but hey, its a valid point for those trying to knock our soft schedule.

Texans and Ravens are anything but soft.

20. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't care who you play. When you go 11-5 in the NFL, you got an excellent ball club. The OP is garbage.

21. Zod

Nov 25, 2007
    Do you not remember the FACT that the scheduling Gods had given the Patriots the easiest schedule coming into the year?

Here is the mistake that is continually made when one examines scheduling. The West sucked this year. With the lone exception of the Chargers, every one of those teams sucked this year. The NFC North has been a consistently bad division. It takes about three years to gauge what teams went through to get to their final destination. Some had far simpler tasks than others. You cannot simply look at one team versus their competitions win/loss record in ONE year. Maybe their competition was facing tougher competition in that year too.

The fact is that stars align for some teams that reach the playoffs this year. Our schedule is largely responsible for our playoff appearance just as it would have been for the Patriots, Jets, or Bills. It is so because they too play two of the worst divisions in football. Every year the NFL fakes out fans in the offseason. But if you pay attention to records in two year increments, you can see where teams like the 2006 Saints or the 2007 Packers or Browns can be a one success and done year.

You must take in all consideration of who was playing when too. For instance, Tony Romo missed at least four games this year. Carson Palmer and Tom Brady didn't play hardly at all. Seattle played with a backup QB for half of the year. The Browns went through four different quarterbacks. The Broncos went through seven different running backs. Those facts alone will skew the records for prognosticators in the 2009 year.

Record predicting has never been as simple as "look at their record versus ours". It has never been that way because you never consider who was playing at the time of head to head matchups. It has never been that way because as displayed by our lack of success versus spread, some teams don't match up well with others.

What's the answer? Don't prognosticate. Just watch and enjoy.

22. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    He was joking.

23. Zod

Nov 25, 2007
    Yea, I was typing when that come out. :lol:

24. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    If you really want to play the shoulda woulda game, we should actually be a 13-3 team with the close losses to the Jets the first time and Houston. Those two we should have win.

25. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Id be shocked if the Panthers were a double digit win team next year. no telling who's gonna be weak next year.

26. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I think we are more then an 11-5 team.

We should have won the frist game of the year agianst the Jets and the weshould have beat the Texans. So to me we should be an 13-3 team.

We are what are records says we are nothing more nothing less.

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  27. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Thanks for reiterating what I just said. :up:

Kanye West likes this.
  28. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I heard a few similar things last year "we're not a 1-15 team" - well yea we were.

Every division winning team in the league had to feast on some crap teams along the way - that's the way the food chain works.

Good teams do what it takes to win more often than not, that's what separates the teams. 4 out of the 5 losses this season were in the first six games. Once this team figured out the direction they were heading they took 9 of the next 10. That's amazing. In truth they very easily could have been 13-3 this season (Jets & Texans).

Don't minimize what they accomplished this year because of the schedule they played. They handled their business this season.

And I'm not worried at all about next season I see the blueprint that the coaching staff & management is putting together and I know they will keep evolving the team for next season. I wouldn't toss this years squad into next season without some re-tooling because until this team gets to the Super Bowl they have to keep tweaking and getting better every season.

Agua, mullingan and calphin like this.
  29. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I believe that you are what your record says. We won 11 games this season....so yes I believe we are an 11-5 team.

30. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Sorry I did not read any thing else but the opening post.

31. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Just to add on - They say good teams beat the teams they are expected to beat. We were not expected to beat ANYONE. Yet we came out and won 11 games. I think that says a lot.

Themole likes this.
  32. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    eh... we're a "115" team just like last year, except we moved the hyphen over to the right one space... the Pats have the * we have the mighty -

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  33. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I understand what they guy is trying to say.

Bottom line is that this team is lacking top talent compared to many other teams in the playoffs. We knew that full well going into the season. They've outdone themselves and overachieved because of being very well coached and playing as a complete team. Pair that with what was undeniably a weak schedule and there is in fact reason for comtemplation of such thoughts as the thread starters.

Having said that, I'm not worrying about next year.
    We took care of business with the schedule we had this year and are now in the playoffs. I'm going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Colorado Dolfan and cnc66 like this.
  34. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA

Uh...

What?!?!?!

35. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i believe we are a 12-5 team..we just haven't been that far into the future yet but it will come.

36. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Let's keep the trend going and go full circle to 15-1 then.

37. unstoppablefnz

unstoppablefnz New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    We came back from a losing season, and kicked some serious butt to become the team we are now. I think we are better than an 11-5 team. I also think that last season was a major contribution to what we have become. This is because our team has so much heart and desire and knows how it is to be on the bottom of the ladder, not let that that stop them. We go out and get a new staff and make a few changes, and then rock it out! WE ARE THE MIAMI FREAKIN DOLPHINS! and no one can stop us from what our hearts want. Thats what makes the finz so awesome. I'm proud to be a Miami Dolphins fan just for that too.

38. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Anybody who is a Dolphins fan should be happy at this record.After all that we have been through the last 5-6 years,people are going to question our season?Holy Cow,we just went 1-15 last year.Ask me if I felt we were better than that record indicated.Better yet,let's ask the players who were on the team last year how they feel about being 11-5.
    They look like 11-5 AFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPIONS to me.:yes:

Themole, FinSane and TheMageGandalf like this.
  39. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    :up:

Indeed they DO!!!!:yes:

54Fins likes this.
  40. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    lets don't and say we did :shifty: