1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Miami lost a game they won.....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ironside, Nov 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ironside

Ironside New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I'm posting this because some people want to continue blame Sparano for calling a time-out with 5 seconds left in the first half against the 'Aints, as if that's what cost us the game. First and formost, the Phins were burnt twice by the Jets on fakes in their first outing. Sparano didn't have the right players on the field against the 'Aints and felt the need to call time-out for that reason. Imagine he hadn't called time-out and got burned again.

That being said....

[​IMG]

The referees really need to start doing a better job and stop influencing the outcome of the games.

This is how the Miami Dolphins lost a game that they won.....

End of the first half:
    The Saints are out of time-outs. The call on the field, with five seconds left in the first half, is touchdown. After further review it’s obvious that there was no touchdown. If the call had been made properly, the first time, the 5 seconds would have rolled off the clock, end of half, Dolphins leads 24-3. Instead due to the review there's enough time for New Orleans to score from a 1/2 yard out.

Second half:
    Henne is picked off. The defender, Darren Sharper, runs towards the goal line and fumbles BEFORE scoring a touchdown. The call on field, touchdown. Miami challenges the call and after further review the officials still got it wrong! Had the call been made properly it would have given Miami the ball on their own 20 yard line, touchback. The image above clearly shows the ball coming out before the touchdown is scored. The ball rolled out of the endzone and should have been Miami's ball on the 20, instead of 7 point for New Orleans.

Now had these plays been called properly the Dolphins would have been leading 34 to 25 and Miami wouldn't have been passing the ball with 2:06 left in the game, and that would have prevented the last interception for a touchdown by New Orleans.

And who the Hell did the referees think Camarillo was trying to pass the ball to on that illegal forward pass call, when he fumbled it out of bounds trying to stretch out to stop the clock?

It’s tough to win games when the ref's bad calls are directly giving the opponent 14 points and indirectly another 7.

MikeHoncho and eric like this.
  2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Maybe we lost the game because the Saints are a better team:wink2:

Forget the what if's and this and that's, we just flat out lost the game. Let's just move on.

3. Ironside

Ironside New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    No way!

And that's the point. We didn't lose that game. The 'Aints won it by referee!

4. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    The game definately did hinge on those calls.
    But at this point it's sour grapes. The Dolphins played bad enough to lose the game, period.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    We already had an EPIC thread about this photo. Saints fans even trolled it to tell us to stop whining... bastards.

late again likes this.
  6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Old news, dude.

Look forward. We got a game to be excited about TONIGHT!!!

late again likes this.
  7. Ironside

Ironside New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    It's a shame so many are ready to simply forget about these types of games and "move on."

Not only does it effect our season this year, it also could have implications on Miami having the ONLY undefeated season in NFL history.... But, so what, huh?

BS!

Games should be won and lost by the teams and not the officiating.

eric likes this.
  8. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I think everyone agrees with your sentiment. But I think the point is we already got angry and up in arms about this. Bringing it up again is doing nothing but picking at a scab. Unless you know of some way to fix the officiating, I think most of us have already vented and gotten our anger out of our systems

9. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    In the same vein maybe we can get a Wansted thread going :lol:

10. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Serious response here: What would you have any of us do about it?
    Believe me, we were all bothered by that call. Unfortunately, there are no do-overs. There's no way to change what happened.
    You can complain, but I will tell you that this is not the first nor the worst botched call in the NFL. So while yes, it matters; there is absolutely nothing to be gained by continuing to hold that up as some sort of symbol of our frustrations.

NolePhin likes this.
  11. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    the reality is there was plenty of grieving & complaining about this already done, not that we don't care. you're just a few weeks late to that party. ;)

everyone agrees with you, just no one cares to fight it anymore. complaining won't change the outcome. everyone's just moved on.

good informative post though. keep it up, but next time post it right after the game. :)

12. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Forgetting about stuff like this is exactly what allows it to continue happening.

Ironside likes this.
  13. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    The weird thing is nobody has forgotten.

late again likes this.
  14. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    Actually, I think that was a good call. He clearly tried to shove the ball out of bounds to stop the clock because he couldn't reach the sidelines.

15. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    We're really still talking about the Saints game? Or did I step into a time warp and end up at 1 month ago?