1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How NBA refs fix games

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by padre31, Nov 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2009/11/donaghy_is_nbas_canseco.html

How funny, what anyone who watched an important NBA game could clearly see, namely the games are fixed, now has this Donaghey exposing the nuts and bolts of how referees actually fix the games.

What is somewhat new is the information that the NBA ques up the Refs as to exactly "what" they want done during the games.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Quite honestly, the NBA has been nothing but a different version of the WWF for 2 decades.
    It is a brutal facade of slam dunks and non-calls. The Refs head always seems to be turned........

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Holy ****ing ****.

I mean, the premise isn't new, since Donaghy has been making these accusations awhile. Plus the whole 'going to prison for betting on games' thing. But hearing it actually laid out like that in Hyde's post......

I remember watching each of those games. Was absolutely ridiculous. And like Chris Webber(?) said, they had to listen to Shaq dub them the Sacramento Queens and being labeled choke artists by fans and media everywhere. Their franchise was tarnished.

It's just like Joey Porter feeling forever cheated by the Pats from his Pittsburgh days, only this was the league at work. Much worse.

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Donaghey will end up being the Jose Canseco of the NBA refs when all is said and done.

Last years finals...everyone knew the Lakers were Sterns babies. They wanted Kobe to win one without Shaq. I'm surprised he didn't face LeBron.

5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm not sure I understand the outrage...

If the calls were missed, what is wrong with the league telling the officials?

Stitches likes this.
  6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    This makes what Orlando did last year even more amazing. It was obvious in every way that the league and the officials were trying to make the Celtics and Cavs beat the Magic. But Orlando was clutch enough to overcome the ref's BS.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think its the selective nature of the information. Unless you believe that only the calls benefitting the Lakers were being missed then its an unfair advantage.

I personally would prefer if the NBA would send out information on calls being missed without regard to which team it would benefit. I'm sure this is somewhat subject to interpretation but the implication is that it wasn't even subtle.

8. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    not so fast there chief.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    whats funny is now every fan is going to think their team was one of the ones being screwed lol

Stitches, alen1 and Stringer Bell like this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Now we know why Seattle has struggled over the years...:pity:

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    No ****, they were so bad they had to move.

12. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Which is true and very to the heart of the problem.
    Who's to say who exactly got screwed when.
    I can actually see very very large lawsuits coming from gamblers losing money on a fixed gsame :up: