1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How the NFL's biggest joke restored pride

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Dec 27, 2008.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    DAVIE, Fla. - The Miami Dolphins highlights airing on a locker room television caught Vonnie Holliday's eye.

At this time last season, the Dolphins defensive end would have turned away. The only Dolphins footage being shown was future material for a "Football Follies" special.

And now? Miami can complete the greatest turnaround in the NFL's 88-year history Sunday by defeating the host New York Jets.

As Terrell Owens would say, getcha popcorn ready.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Dolphins are one win from complete turnaround

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    We were a big joke sure but Lions still take the cake for the long run.

dolfan32323 and njfinfan like this.
  3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    the funniest thing about this whole thing is how this board has reacted. Last year was mass hysteria, if there were cars to push over I think it would have happened, now its just joy............

dolphindebby and njfinfan like this.
  4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    How were we the biggest joke? Not even close.

5. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    That's a great article. At the end there was an interesting comment, Miami and Indy are the only teams to win 8 of their last 9 games. Yes we have an easier schedule, but to pull of a win streak like that is impressive no matter who you're playing.

I think we can all agree, no matter what happens tomorrow, that this year has been an incredible year for us fans and that we should be very thankfull for our new front office, coaches and players, because what they've managed to pull off is nothing short of astounding, and to be able to watch it happen to my team... Well, I smile alot these days :yes:

Thank you Wayne for bringing Bill Parcells to Miami, this makes up for what you did to the Marlins in 98 :wink2:

mullingan and cnc66 like this.
  6. It's just incredible what one year has done.

7. Truly, my heart breaks for them... I am really pulling for them to win tomorrow.

8. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    I agree!

Biggest joke??????????????

What the??????????

Talk about being short sighted :pity:

All it really was is just the haters in the media having a field day hyping it up being that this team hasn't been that bad since 10 years before I was born and I am 30!

9. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    You don't even have to go back that far just check a game thread when the Fins are losing then you will see mass hysteria. :lol:

The 1st half of the Chiefs game was hysteria that was for sure and I know myself I get angry and hysterical when this team plays terribly its just what fans do. :up:

10. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    No way we were the biggest jokes. Yeah the season seemed comical at times, but the team/franchise was no where near what they made it appear. This thing got turned around in 1 year. 1 YEAR In my opinioin, that tells me the team was not a team of professionals, putting in the hard work, playing with the right attitude, and being put into position to succeed. We added alot of pieces during the off season, but I don't think we hadmore talent on this team then we did last year at the beginning of the season. I would even expect we were a less talented team to start the year.