1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix our OL,QB and RB problem this offseason

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fastball83, Feb 12, 2011.

1. fastball83

fastball83 Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Hello

JMO,

For our OL problem we need to sign veteran OL......Mankins or other solid starter, after that, move incognito at center, and IMo with garner return we will be solid.

In any case, I say go FA for OL, because the FA class in solid on OL

For RB : JMO but we will resign brown or williams.......and after that it 's simple draft ingram and cooper in the later round.

For QB : perhaps sign Bulger for 1 year (perhaps not sure here) but we need to draft not only 1 but 2 QB and my choice would be Ponder and Andy Dalton in the third and fourth round.

Because JMO but their stats are not long away from locker or others top QB stats and I want ingram in the first.

after that sign BPA

Opinions ?

the 23rd likes this.
  2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nice post, I would add:
    1) we don't know if Incognito is a starting Center & we desperately need one. I would specifically draft one to compete/learn the game, whatever. It would be a mistake not to pick a Center with franchise potential from this draft. we can thank Tony for not moving Incognito to Center earlier & not having the foresight to play him the last game. we missed a marque match-up (Patriots) that could have given us a better idea of his potential. the offensive center makes the calls for the offensive line & must be up to a double-team or nasty NT on any given play. he's got to be a leader & a beast.
    2) basically agree on Mankins. my only question is: How much will he cost? we need to acquire two potential starters for the offensive line, however & in whatever combination.
    3) with the offensive line fixed I believe we could get another good season out of the R&R express. having said that, we need to draft our future franchise RB asap. I like Ingram.
    4) QB's? well my thought is you either go for the best in the draft (& I don't think we may sport that luxury in 2011) or go on the cheap & let them compete. next year should present more opportunities @ QB anyway. acquire a veteran on the cheap & let them compete