1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Put Up Your Team Page (Roster Download Link Will Be Here)

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Paul 13, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Keep in mind that no trades/cuts can be made yet. The first step is to create a team page for your team. Click on the "Team Pages" sub-forum within the GM League forum. Your team page will consist of your players and their salaries, your team’s free agents, draft picks, salary cap information, signings, cuts/releases, and trades. The first thing you need to do is get your player salaries. I will walk you through this step.

1. Download the Excel spreadsheet from this https://www.dropbox.com/s/olji09iyjh2pops/Team and FA Database 2.9.14.xls, it contains each team’s player salaries (2nd tab) and free agents (1st tab). The team salaries are listed alphabetically by team (also alpha by first name). The free agents are listed as an actual list. If you're familiar with Excel, you'll know what that is. If you aren't, basically you can select from the first row, there is a little pull down arrow next to the headers. For team, you can select your team name from the list and the spreadsheet will only show those free agents for your team. You can also use this list to perform some useful queries, such as all free agents by position type. :yes:

In addition to this spreadsheet file, I'm also posting a link here to a template file that may be useful for some of you as you are just starting out (it might even be useful to some of the experienced GM's as well). It was initially created back in 2009 by GISH (and since I haven't unprotected the spreadsheet I suppose I should credit him here :shifty:). Check it out and use it as you see fit. It's essentially a way to keep track of your team as you'll want to use something outside of this forum's message board post in your team thread. You can download the template file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rzn5i82hfmu6sq/Team Template.xls

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ACCESSING THE FILES FROM THE DROPBOX SITE. I CAN EMAIL THEM TO YOU INSTEAD (SHOOT ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS)

2. Create a new thread in the Team Pages sub-forum (you can organize everything in Microsoft Word or Notepad). Please post your roster in a format similar to this:

Quarterback (Total Positional Salary: $10,615,000.00)
    Matt Schaub, QB, $7,150,000.00
    Matt Leinart, QB, $3,000,000.00
    TJ Yates, QB, $465,000.00

3. Complete your roster section of your team page by organizing your players by position and be sure to add up all the salaries so you have your team salary.

4. Get your team’s free agent from the Excel spreadsheet you downloaded earlier.

5. Copy and paste your team's free agents into your team page. Record all your team's free agents in a format like below:

Free Agents:
    Mario Williams, LB, UFA
    Arian Foster, RB, RFA
    Jonathan Weeks, OL, ERFA

6. Feel free to tender any free agents starting TBD at 12:01AM EST if they are RFA's or ERFA's. Feel free to make sure of the tags but be sure to read the rules in the 2014 GM League Rules thread concerning them! DO NOT TRADE YOUR RFA'S AND FRANCHISED PLAYERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER FREE AGENCY!! However, you MAY trade EFRAs right after you announce you signed them.

7. Get your team’s draft picks from the stickied thread in the main 2014 GM League forum. This thread will be up soon.

8. Find all your teams draft picks and list them like so:

Draft Picks:
    1st round (25th overall)
    2nd round (50th overall)
    2nd round (52nd overall)
    3rd round (88th overall)

11. Be sure to create a category for "Trades" and "Cuts" so you have somewhere to list your cuts and trades after they occur. Remember that you do not need to be under the salary cap until the start of free agency, so don't worry about cutting players until free agency nears.

If you have any questions, you can PM me

Please do not put up your team page until I have posted the info here, just to make sure we're all on the same page. This prevents extra work from inaccuracies.

MikeHoncho and Steve-Mo like this.