1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Watch the Dolphins the Rest of the Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    http://www.pageqsports.com/2013/11/how-to-watch-the-miami-dolphins-in-2013/

Thanks to whoever wrote this! Favorites:

2. Stop Buying Jerseys

By now, every single “fan” of this franchise has been a victim. A victim not just to the abysmal product on the field, but to purchasing a player’s jersey only to have said player be traded, released, or tainted within in the next year or two. Unless it says Wake on the back, stop wasting your money. Then again, he could be gone by next summer.

Hence why the only jersey I bought in the past couple years was a Marino. And it was from Hong Kong, because they don't deserve the money from an authentic. (And probably wouldn't anyway considering the huge markup).

7. Take Frequent Breaks

Just as they say it’s not healthy to stand in front of a working microwave, you also shouldn’t keep your eyes locked on a television playing Dolphins football for too long either. Step outside for a bit, it’s Miami. (You don’t live in Miami? What the hell are you still doing rooting for this team?)
    -That hits home!

Same goes for the 7,000 at the game. Take several pee-pee breaks or go get yourself a $9 beer.

If this is too much to remember, just remember this poem:

Being a Fins fan is far from fun,

It kind of feels like getting the runs

We continue to hope, and hope some more,

Our GM asks if their mother’s a whore

The offense resembles a bunch of fartin’,

Our hearts get abused like Jonathan Martin

The attendance stinks yet it should be much worse,

At the end of this season, just bring us the hearse

2. NolesNPhinsFan

NolesNPhinsFan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Genius.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Once you realize the season is over, see a few weeks ago, the games are so much less stressful to watch.

cdz12250 likes this.
  4. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    It's still stressful to me because that kind of play in a Dolphins uniform is disrespectful.

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    After being a die-hard, faithful, never miss a game fan for the last 28 years, I'm definitely becoming very desensitized to the 2nd half of every season. It really sucks, almost crushing, that first week when you realize the season is likely over. But after that, the only games I get worked up for are vs Jets and Patriots. The former because I loathe the Jets and even if we're 2-14, I want the two wins vs the Jets. The latter because the only 2 weeks of the year I hate living in Boston is after they beat us.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Yep, there is no need to get pissed off at the games at this point. Just focus on evaluating Tannehill and Matthews and discuss who is our next GM and HC.

7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The worst part of this season was them making us think they were going to make the playoffs back in September.