1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How will the BCS standings shape up?

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by BuckeyeKing, Nov 2, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    1.Bama
    2.Penn St
    3.Texas Tech
    4.Oklahoma
    5.Florida
    6.USC
    7.Texas
    8.Oklahoma St
    9.Utah
    10.Boise St
    11.Ohio St
    12.Georgia
    13.TCU
    14.Missouri
    15.Ball ST
    16.MSU
    17.LSU
    18.BYU
    19.North Carolina
    20.Maryland
    21.WVU
    22.California
    23.Kansas
    24.NorthWestern
    25.Georgia Tech

2. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Not sure, but because Bama and UF will play (most likely) in the SEC champ game one of them will be lower.

I think Oklahoma will beat TT. Dropping TT lower too.

I guess I have to hope for Bama and TT to win out so PSU gets jumped, but I just dont see that happening.

Anyone think a 1 loss Big 12 team could jump the Big Ten champ for the title game?

3. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well history doesn't show but it helps TT alot.

Bama would have to win out locking up the 1 spot (sorry Gators :()
    Penn St wins out becomes Big Ten Champ
    Texas Tech Wins out and is Big 12 champ.

Now you would have to think Texas Tech would jump them based off SOS.

Honestly I think OSU will beat TT, Florida will beat Bama. Then its basically Florida 2 vs Penn St 1

And for unrelated scenario Ohio St will play Georgia. OH YEAH!:up:

4. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    If TT and Bama win out that's the championship game, no doubt. PSU gets jumped easily, and by a wide margin imo.

I think TT will lose, which is why I'm hoping a 1 loss team can jump an undefeated PSU.

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I just don't see it. I'm sure Oklahoma could make a case only if they win the Big 12 but again if TT doesn't win out then its likely a Penn ST vs Bama/Gators.

Or you root for Iowa and MSU to beat PSU.

6. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    I'm definitely doing that, I just dont see it happening.

Oboy likes this.
  7. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I want anyone to convince me how PSU belongs in the NC game.

I just don't see how beating OSU and running through the rest of their cupcake schedule is justification, while saying that Florida has no shot even though they have already stomped LSU and GA.

Aside from the fact that Florida has already beaten better teams than PSU, if they continue on and beat Alabama..... it just doesn't seem possible to defend PSU in that comparison.

IMO, the NC game this year needs to be Big 12 Champ vs SEC Champ.

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Penn State didnt lose at home to a cupcake.........(Ole Miss) IF there is only two unbeaten they are going to the NT game bottom line. Florida, Oklahoma, and USC are all good but not good enough to jump an undefeated Tech or Penn State.

Vote for a playoff, I know I would.

9. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    They don't, I could only see the Sooners jumping Penn St instead of Florida just because of their 1 losses.

10. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I think it should be:
    1. Bama
    2. PSU
    3. TT
    4. Texas
    5. Florida
    6. Oklahoma
    7. USC
    8. Oklahoma state

11. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    that's not how it works tough

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    someone is gonna get the shaft which is typical.

QFT, QFTW

13. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Yep, the way it works is that the Big 10 have a free ride into the NC game year in, year out due to their pathetic conference & lack of a conference championship.

Once again a Big 10 team is going to get shown why they don't belong there. What has Pen St. done to prove itself? Beat OSU? :no:

PMZQ and DonShula84 like this.
  14. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Win every game they've played? :confused2:

15. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Ole Miss probably has a faster team than any team in the Big 10. They are just not consistent enough to be a ranked team this year. I find it absurd that a fan from the Big 10 has the nerve to call a team from the SEC a cupcake, considering they could probably finish in the top echelon of the Big 10 every year due to the sheer lack of talent in that conference.

Should the Gators have won? Yes. Does that excuse and give justice to a team who simply doesn't play anyone good all year to be allowed to waltz right into the NC game after OSU already proved that it means absolutely jack **** to go undefeated in the Big10?

It's especially not fair to Alabama. Who has to win the SEC just to have a shot even though they are going to be ranked #1 & undefeated at the end of the season. PSU just gets to sit back, finish their easy mode schedule and laugh at the conferences who actually have to fight to get into the NC.

16. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Against who? Many teams could win every game they play if they had a schedule like that as well. Not to mention the lack of a true conference champ.

This system is horse **** if a SEC team gets the shaft simply because of the Big 10's lack of talent.

17. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Bama will be #1 last time I checked. So, if they win out, they will surely be in the NC. :up:

What happens if PSU gets in but they also win? Going to still complain about their lack of talent and speed?

18. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    You missed my point bro.

I said it is BS that Bama has to win the SEC championship against Florida for them to get in. The fact that they are going to be ranked #1 going into that means absolutely nothing unless they win. Meanwhile, PSU get's to sit home eating cheese steaks watching the real conferences battle it out to see who gets the nod.

The funny part though, even if PSU had to play in a conference championship - it still wouldn't compare to the Big 12 and SEC due to the lack of talent in the Big 10. Look at the win-loss ratio of the teams that PSU even beat...it's a joke.

The only team that was even comparable to them was OSU, and it only took what? Like half a century for either team to get into the end zone?

What happens if a immortal leprechaun comes back to earth searching for his missing gold, hell bent on brutally murdering everyone in his path with a whimsical personality?

19. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I really don't understand all the crying at this point in the season.

Thats like crying that your team isn't number 1 in the pre-season polls....

PSG and Stitches like this.
  20. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Wait I know, maybe the gators should leave the SEC for the Big East, and schedule absolutely no worthy OOC games. We could avoid the SEC teams like the plague and waltz our way into a NC game every year against the Big 10!

What a plan! :up:

21. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    How is it crying when I simply asked any of you Big 10 fans to justify why PSU would belong in the NC game.

All I get in response are deflections and "revelations" that they are "OMG UNDEFEATED!!!", ignoring the fact that it just doesn't mean anything to go undefeated in that conference(look at their schedule) and they don't even have to fight for their conference against the other "top" school in a CCG.

What does PSU have in SOS anyways? Last I heard they were barely ranked in the top 70............

22. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    They already played and beat the other top school in the conference.

23. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    absolutely they should. The Big Televen this year is a JOKE. Conference losses to Central Michigan & Toledo, and just barely Wisconsin scrapping by Fresno St, its a joke from top to bottom.

Does anyone really want to see another Big Televen team get blown out in the BCS Champ Game, and more of an insult, that the Big Televen then takes two spots in the BCS money by having two teams in, when in reality they hardly deserve one.

If the Big Televen gets two teams in the BCS, then either the Big 12 or SEC will get screwed. That will be a travesty of justice.

24. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    And I like how you give LSU as an example of a great win for Florida (while slanting PSU's win over OSU), yet LSU has not beat anyone worth a damn (just like OSU hasn't). Georgia hasn't really beat anyone worth a damn either, except LSU, but again we are assuming LSU is worth a damn despite them not really beating anyone either.

25. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I must've missed where Central Michigan was a bad team.

26. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I think the weakness of the Big Televen SOS coupled with devastating losses with that weak schedule will doom Penn St....HOPEFULLY.

Then we can look forward to a REAL Championship game between two quality teams, from two quality conferences, not another blowout of a Big Televen school masquerading as a real football team.

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Other than OSU(who isnt anything special)
    Who has Penn State beaten thats a halfway decent team?

28. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Are we going by perceptions at game-time, or how the season has played out so far?

(Also, how is it the players' fault if they have not played half-way decent teams, when they have won every time? Players can't pick who they play.)

29. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Never going to happen without playoffs.

30. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Its based on how the season has played out, and there is no on Penn's State's schedule that should strike fear into anyone.

31. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    First off I typed what I thought about Penn St, just read a little bit.

Please don't talk about the SEC and cupcakes because last time I checked they had 5 teams that beat up on cupcakes 4 more than the Big Ten.

Please you talking about a Michigan team that flat out sucks and everyone knew they would. Fresno St was ranked until they lost to Hawaii in overtime. LAst time I checked Duke hasn't been ranked all year and beat Vandy which is from the ALMIGHTY South Eastern Conference.

Tell me the other Big Ten team that will get a BCS bid? Unless the teams in front of Ohio ST choke and lose like last year when Oklahoma and WVU both lost letting Ohio St slip back in it.

Please save it.

32. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It doesn't matter if anyone on Penn state's schedule would strike fear into anyone, it only matters if Penn State would strike fear into anyone if they were on their schedule.

33. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Actually I was replying to PMQZ and Phinz420 I had thist typed out with quotes but stupid error caused me to write it again.

34. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So was Illinois. :lol:

35. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Shows you how crazy this sport is^

Ahh ****, my bad Maj

36. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Nah its no problem Btw AP rankings are out and Penn St is 3 so perhaps there is hope :wink2:

37. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    That was to be expected. No way a Big Ten team will be ranked ahead of a SEC or Big 12 team w/ the same record this year. It's when TT loses a game, and PSU moves to 2 that's going to suck.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  38. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    [admin] Please do not make posts personal, that is not allowed here. Talk about the post, not the poster! [/admin]

39. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Why will that suck?? They have taken care of buisness every week...they deserve to be where they are..stop hating and bow down to Wanny.

40. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    What does Wanny have to do w/ this? Staying on topic really isnt that complicated of a concept...

It'll suck because I think having 1 loss in the Big 12, or even 1 loss in the SEC, this year is more impressive than going undefeated in the Big Ten. I'd rather see Big 12 vs SEC, because I think it'll be a better game.