1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How'd everyone do so far?

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by Regan21286, Sep 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Since the season's winding down, just a little survey on how people's teams are doing. As for me, I've got 3 Yahoo teams in 1st, 3 in 2nd, 1 3rd, and 1 in 7th.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I think i finished 2nd, and made it to the title game for two years in a row (in only two years of playing at that).

3. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    2 Yahoo leagues, will finish 3rd in one and just lost the championship game in the other due to C.C getting the win i think. I dominated that league all year too. Seems to be how my teams roll. I run away with first place, then choke in the playoffs. Bleh.

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I am usually mediocre to average most of the year, and come on strong at the end. Both seasons I was outside the top 3 going into the playoffs (I think 5th last year, and 4th this year), and beat the #1 team on the way to the championship game.

5. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Went to the championship game in my league but lost. Sucks too I was the best team in the league for the whole season.

6. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I had one team and finished 1st in a money league. I went wire-to-wire starting in June. My draft was exceptional. I made 2 very good trades, and I picked up C.Lee off the waiver wire after his 2nd start and kept him since against urges to sell high.

7. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I had 6 leagues.
    2 of them I finished in 2nd. One of them i got robbed as the dude I was playing against was down 8-2, streamed like 4 pitchers the last day and streamed 3 hitters, one of which, Brett Gardner stole two bases to steal that category or him. My team in that league is absolutely loaded by the way, no one has yet to figure out that how an offense of Doumit (C), Howard (1B), Utley (2B), Reyes (SS), Wright (3B), Hamilton (OF), Ichiro (OF), and Ludwick/Vernon Wells (Of) loses 4 of the 5 offensive stats to anyone. Though thats not a pay league, it is my baby, a keeper team I inherited and built from scratch a few years ago when my infield were all rookies.

2 of them I missed the playoffs...1 because of 8 injuries killing a first place team, 1 because I simply couldnt pay attention to it as much as I wanted to.

2 of them I won. One them was a $10000 grand prize (12 teams at 1000 per..2000 for the runner up) so it was a nice weekend. That league my team couldnt have been any better...you know its your year when you draft Cliff Lee in round 25 on a whim he regains his form and he wins almost that many games..Lee, Webb and Burnett led an excellent staff overcoming maine's injury and Pedro's ineffectiveness. The other one I won I had no business winning cause the other dudes team was loaded but it was still another $300.

8. mf52dolphin

mf52dolphin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 5, 2007
    I had a lousy year in Yahoo leagues, but very good in ESPN leagues.
    In my own league I finished 6th out of 8 teams:pity:
    In a wierd head-to-head 16 team league, I had injury problems, had a chance to finish in the top 6 for playoffs, but had 2 bad weeks and finished 9th.:angry:
    In the public leagues I finished 4th, 3rd, 6th, and 11th :tantrum:
    In pair of head-to-head leagues(one was set up by the old place, one by people from here) I was 8th out of 10 in one, and 2nd in the regular season, out of 8 in the other:wink2:, but lost in the semi-finals:angry:

ESPN went a lot better
    A win in one league:up: (even with being last in batting average), 2nd in the other.
    Also a title in a head to head league:hi5::up: