1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HuddleReport Gave Us The Top Draft Grade

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, May 1, 2017.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/thr/valuegrades.shtml

1 [​IMG]
    +10.7

VALUE PICK RANK POS PLAYER SCHOOL
    -0.5 22 24 ER Charles Harris Missouri
    -0.2 54 56 LB Raekwon McMillan Ohio St
    +1.5 97 76 CB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson
    +4.8 164 78 OL Isaac Asiata Utah
    +2.2 178 127 DL Davon Godchaux LSU
    +2.3 194 135 DL Vincent Taylor Oklahoma St
    +0.6 237 184 WR Isaiah Ford Virginia Tech

2. StillyStiff

StillyStiff New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Corvallis, OR
    Interesting list.... I like the list of top steals and reaches at the bottom... Hopefully Asiata lives up to the high praise

Bpk likes this.
  3. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I expect Asiata to be a starter on day 1

Dolphin North and danmarino like this.
  4. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I agree...I think Asiata is going to be the rookie who sees the most playing time.

Dolphin North likes this.
  5. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    what high praise?

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    That's interesting. I think it's safe to say we got value with most of those picks. No doubt. I like the plan we had this year. We knew our needs. We trusted our valuations. Sounds like they used a nice combination of BPA & Need to make their selections, and they didn't panic and jump around the board like Tannenbaum seems to like to. I think we saw a change in strategy there, likely due to the influence of Greir/Gase being more involved.

I like what they did with the selections. I would have maybe preferred a different player in the second, and likely another OL instead of Godchaux, however, that being said, I understand why they did what they did, and took who they took. It all seemed well orchestrated, and a welcome difference from years past.

Ultimately the real grading comes down the road when we see how these guys come in and play, and if the FO staff actually nailed their evaluations and such. However, I think we should be encouraged by the fact that they got good value, got what appear to be good players, at good value, and addressed the big needs we had on Defense. There was a plan, and it seems pretty clear they stuck to it. That's a good way to run the draft, especially if you nail your evaluations. time will tell.

Puka-head, Bpk and dolphin25 like this.
  7. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    He's a guy that a lot of people had at least a 3rd round grade on and he can play either OG spot. Brings some attitude to the OL that we haven't had since Cogs was here under Sparano. Really surprised he was there in the 5th.

Plus, he'll remind you old 'rasslin' fans of Road Warrior Animal... lol...

[​IMG]

8. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I always say I like the olinemen to have a real mean streak in them.
    This guy fits the bill from what I've read.

9. Bpk

YOU STOLE MY FACE PAINT AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    [​IMG]

StillyStiff and Dolphin North like this.
  10. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Good to have an Island Boy back on the line. Them Samoan MalaFalas take their football to a whole different level.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  11. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I still remember the player that came from, Chris Fuamatu Ma'afala, lol.

Puka-head likes this.
  12. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Spanish Fork, Utah is on an island? :cool:

danmarino likes this.
  13. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Interesting. Unless Bushrod or Larsen get injured, I don't expect Asiata to play at all this season. Not that they're so good, but I suspect the team would prefer to stick with veterans over a 5th round rookie. Call it a feeling.

14. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    From what I've read, Asiata will be our 2nd or 3rd best run blocker (depending if Pouncet can play) and around our 7th or 8th best pass blocker. That's what will keep him off the field a good bit, but the Fins are confident that they can get his pass blocking up to par. Run blocking is far harder to teach so I agree with the "experts", he was a steal in the 5th.

Graded one of the best run blockers in the whole draft, plus the strongest lineman overall? If the chips fell differently to a desperate team in need, he could have gone late 1st/early 2nd.

With that said, half out total score on "HuddleReport" came from that one pick....which is pretty insane. They're essentially saying Asiata is more valuable to the Dolphins than any one player taken by any team in the first five rounds- it's a very flawed scoring system.

Bpk likes this.
  15. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Not completely sold on his skillset if I'm being honest. From what I've seen Asiata is a waist bender who be very suseptible to any form of a push pull move. In the open field it becomes apparent that his ability to adjust in space is somewhat limited.

He does have some agility as he can he can pull well and has decent speed for a man his size. But he ends up on the ground a hell of a lot imho. You can't block many people on the ground.

djphinfan and Bpk like this.
  16. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That was my favorite tactic as a lineman...knock em on their *** then jump on top of them. Easy peasy.

17. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    He doesn't do it your way. He's on the ground as a result of being off balance imho.

18. Bpk

True, though I'd adjust a touch and say HR is saying Asiata is worth more to the front office outperforming their slot than any other front office selection at any slot.

But yeah, it comes off as if he's the biggest sleeper star or something which just isn't the case.

KeyFin likes this.