1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Direct TV discounts and NFL Sunday Ticket Free!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fin Fan In Cali, May 2, 2012.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I just signed up again and got the choice ultimate package, free HD DVR and HD receiver, monthly discounts up to two years, saved on auto pay, 3 months of free movie channels and and they threw in the NFL package for free for 56.98 a month. In case there are some old customers that dropped them, or fans thinking about getting please do so now. Also if you click on the bottom of the front page under customer service on refer a friend and give them you friends account number he gets a 100.00 in credits and so do you.:up:

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  2. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    $56.98 a month is free? :confused:

3. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Feel free to use my acct number as a referral. :yes:

Acct: 75066466

4. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    No that amount was the Huge Discount..NFL Ticket/HD upgrades were FREE

SICK, DeDolfan and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  5. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks bro. I get the NFL Ticket free, three months of movie channels.

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    This is still going on if anyone is interested. Sign up on the refer a friend sign in and you get 100.00 in credits as well as them. You just need there acct # when you sign up.

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    And for everyone else who already has DirectTV, call up and say, "Hey, I've been a customer for years and you charge me X amount of money for Sunday ticket and new customers are getting it free?" for a big discount and possibly free if you talk to the right person.

8. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Just called and got Sunday Ticket for free. The ST Max would still be $100 (Redzone, mobile and shortcuts). When you call, say cancel service at the prompts to get retentions. The regular agents give only basic discounts if any.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  9. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    They have lowered the price of ST down to $199. That was the price I paid the last two years when I threatened to cancel. I haven't done it yet this year. Interesting that it's not set to auto renew. I always think that I have to be careful how much I ask for. I subscribe for the fox soccer channels too (two separate packages... very exp) and I get pretty large discounts on them. This year of course I'm going for HBO with Hard Knocks in August. I've already canceled my soccer packages (no English soccer until August). So again, trying to time it right to get the most discount. Perhaps get ST now and then in August try to get a deal on the soccer/HBO. Because I have heard that DTV are limited to how many discounts they can give you over a set period. Plus.... I think I'm on contract so the real threat of quitting is nonexistent since I have to pay a fee right?

10. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    It usually doesn't matter if you're under contract, although you can sometimes get a better deal without being in contract. I never threaten to cancel my entire service and this year didn't even have to threaten to cancel the ST. Just make sure you're talking to the retention department so you get a better deal. Yesterday I just asked if there were any promotions for Sunday Ticket because even though it's at a lower price it's still kind of high for me. Didn't have to negotiate a thing.

But yes, the more discounts you have the harder it is to get more. How long does Hard Knocks last? Isn't it just August? I don't mind paying the $15.99 for just that month, and it would be less if I cancel before a full month.

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    My wife is a bull dog when it comes to customer service (small petite soft voiced women turns into a dragon with customer service, don't ask me how). She calls every year to get me a discount on the ticket. Not free, but big discounts plus freebies.

"Yuu mean I pay for HD, and I pay for Sunday Ticket, but I don't get HD Sunday Ticket? Let me talk to the supervisor. Oh you're the supervisor? Let me talk to your manager!"

12. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    The customer service this time with them has been out of this world. I can't say enough good things about them.

13. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I was tired of having reception problems every time it rained. Giving the ticket away for free to new customers didn't help either. They didn't want to cut me a break on the ticket either, they generally just liked to offer me premium channel deals if something wasn't going well. I know I could have kept calling until I got the right person but I'm not begging for a discount on Sunday Ticket. I use cable now and I may just stream the Sunday Ticket with PS3. Or go to a sports bar.

14. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro if it has been a couple of months you could qualify as a new member and get the NFL package free. I have great service with them on the phone and each time I have received an email survey as to how they did. I ordered one HD DVR for my mother in law in the living room. It wasn't until after the initial installation that we finally got internet and I realized I needed another HD DVR to get on demand. I sent email Friday night and followed it up with a phone call yesterday. I am getting an upgrade to my HD receiver to which will be a HD DVR at no charge and no charge for the service call either. I thought I was going to have to pay 215.00. They said since it was within 12 days of your installation we will just consider this a correction to the initial install.

muscle979 likes this.
  15. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Only four days left for The Big Deal. If you sign up as a new customer you get the NFL Package free for the year, movie channels for free for three months, along with rebates as well. If you refer a friend both you and them save 100.00 each. Let me know and I will give you my account number before you sign up.

16. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I have been a customer for a few years (had one guy tell me I'm the 2nd highest level of customer they have) and always call for discounts. A lot of mine had expired, and their current deal is insane due to the Viacom stuff (1/2 price packages and Free Sunday Ticket for new customers).

Unfortunately, they offered the highest level of Sunday Ticket for free and no additional discounts. I already get some discounts, but my contract is up in August and I'm paying $69 for my channel package instead of the $35 they are advertising. They wouldn't work with me at all to give me additional discounts beyond the free Max Sunday Ticket.

Has anyone had any success if you are already receiving discounts?

Also - she told me it was fraud to cancel my service and have my wife sign up to receive the discounted new customer package - but other customer service reps I've spoken with at DirecTV had said that is an option (and usually is my negotiation tool). Has anyone tried this?