1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huizenga reworking Parcells contract is why he's still here

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CitizenSnips, Feb 11, 2009.

1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...arcells-told-huizenga-ross-he-would-walk.html

Parcells most likely won't be here for the entire 4 years of his contract, but the re-working of the contract giving him the option to leave at any time, gave him peace of mind enough to want to stay at least a little bit longer.

Bpk likes this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

And some people actually wonder how a change in ownership destabilizes a football team?

Case. In. Point.

Narrowly avoided problem, there.

Rocky Raccoon and The Rev like this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Great... So at the end of every season we'll have to have the conversation and debate about whether Parcells will leave or not... An open ended contract isn't really something I'd want the guy running our team to have. Oh well, it is what it is now though.

4. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I'm not that worried about a Parcells departure anymore. He gave this franchise the swift kick in the pants it needed to move in the right direction. He also placed some great people here that are more than capable to see things thru for years to come.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    He's already done so much for us. At this point we just need to consider to be on borrowed time as far as Parcells is concerned and be thankful every minute we have him here.

6. Phinsfan210

Phinsfan210 New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Bill Parcells is a very manipulative man, he never had any intention of leaving whatsoever, just wanted to rework his contract and he knew what he had to say to get that to happen.....For those of you that cant see that dont know bill parcells well enough.

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Shoot, I wouldn't be shocked if the Tuna left after the draft and FA...why would anyone be shocked by Parcells leaving another job, given his history...

8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

He hand picked the GM and HC as long as no one else comes in and touches anything on the football side of the field I feel we'll be fine.

I'm more worried about who gets him other than us, if anyone.

9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Parcells said at one point, hes not going to leave until he believes Ireland and Sparano are 100% ready to take control of everything, and i believe that.