1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humble request - I hope you consider

Discussion in 'Announcements and Such' started by DOLFANMIKE, Mar 22, 2008.

1. MikeO

MikeO New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    did everyone bash me through a PM? Let me defend myself in the same public fourm I was bashed. That is only fair and not asking too much is it?!

And I might not be here very long. If Muck doesn't want me here, Im gone. So my stay may be very short. The least I can do is defend myself.

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Well if bashed on a public forum then in my opinion he has every right to address it in the public forum. Seriously though let's stop the hate either direction. I like boobies, who agrees?

DOLPHAN1 and baboo72 like this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Your right about the addressing, I apologize MikeO. You have every right to do that, my bad.

As for the boobies, Me!:wave: :ffic:

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Your right, I am sorry. I just didn't want to hear bad news again after everything that happend. Your right and have a right to defend yourself.

5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Did you say.......

Boobies?????

[​IMG]
    The Blue Footed Booby

unluckyluciano likes this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Hoorah for boobies....:hi5:

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

8. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Is that really the plural? And may I say blue boobies means you should see a doctor.

9. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    Fantastic advice :up: Have you seen one for your blue _____? :lol:

finswin56, Celtkin and azfinfanmang like this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol::lol:

11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    No cuz lucky is the master at seducing himself. :ffic:

vt_dolfan and HolliFinFan like this.
  12. IceDragon

IceDragon Season Ticket Holder

Mar 22, 2008
    Well I have a suggestion, how about since we are starting anew here, everyone starts anew, MikeO, all of us. I don't know MikeO at all, so it will be easy for me to start clean with all. Maybe there were things Mike posted or whatever in the past that got taken the wrong way and maybe a few should not have been posted, I don't know, but I do know that none of us is perfect...even I went off the deep end a couple times. There was another member that everyone looked up to like god at FH who just came off to me as condescending and arrogant as heck and if you did not agree with him or voiced your opinion he basically belittled you or talked down to you like you weren't even a human being and weren't welcome over there..I won't name names, but he may have had good info, but most of the time he never posted links to his info, yet hollered when someone else posted something for a "Link!" ... It was like everything he said was to be taken as gospel and no one better dare disagree. That was not a very good feeling over there and in the last month and half really turned me off of FH. But you know what I did? I don't care how good his info was or accurate, I hit the ignore button and ignored him and his posts. So that is an option if someone does not like what another is saying or someone is irritating to you. There are other options. IF Mike or someone else offends you, just hit the ignore thing. And Mike like I said I don't know you at all, and not passing judgement at all on you. Just trying to bring this to a peaceful resolution and not have this new project tainted from the start.
    I agree with the last poster tho that perhaps all this could have been done in private, but when the posts against MikeO were posted publicly, kinda ends the privacy issue. I don't necessarily agree with posting what could be perceived as attacks on others publicly(isn't that right FFIC, whenI did it..guilty here too, in the past)...especially when we all know that eventually every person from FH is going to get over here sooner or later for a visit anyway. I kinda winced when I read them because i knew eventually Mike would swing by and all heck break loose.
    So maybe we can all extend the proverbial olive branch and have peace and forgive and all start afresh with the new start for the site.

So MikeO, peace to you brother Fin Fan. Maybe take what others say with a grain of salt and maybe as constructive criticism, maybe you sometimes come off sounding different than you mean to, I don't know, just some helpful suggestions. I don't need to hear or care about any of your qualifications of this or that, you are a Dolphins fan and that is enough. Maybe a fresh start for you and everyone here now. I would ask that you and each of us look at our posts from an objective view as one who is reading it and make sure it is posted as each of us would want to receive it, and not like the one i ignored that always replied in a manner that made them appear better than you and you were the lowest.

So how about a fresh start everyone? Best to YOu MikeO...I don't know you, but here's to the future. I don't even care to go back to your old posts at FH to see what everyone is saying about...a new start here and now!....t

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
    Celtkin likes this.
  13. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I goot a go with Desides on this one.

Good ole Mike. You are an intelligent person, I give you that. But you come across as egotistical to the nth degree as if your opinion is teh only valid one there is. As if because you ran a site that somehow validated you as an expert. If you were rebutted you patronized. It was nails on a chalkboard, there was no give and take with you. It was people like you that used to bait me into becoming my sarcastic self.

I hope you do post here, I hope you contribute to the forums, by that, give your opinion on how we should improve, what you would like to see happen and listen to others and respect their opinions as you would have us yours. It isnt about sucking up or giving in, it is mutual respect. If someone basis is off point it out respectfully with what you believe to be true.

You come off as tryinmg to show how much smarter you are than the rest of us w/o actually sounding smarter, just sounding pompous. Sorry I know I havent always kept my cool, but I am sarcastic by nature. All fin fans are cool as long as there is respect given whether the opinions differ or not.

14. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Hey hey we dont even think about such matters if we can avoid it thank you very much. Pain is not a nice visual.

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, off centre as usual, I liked MikeO's stuff, I think he has his own take on things, and is a discordant note in the "play offs here we come" choir.

What I found less then stellar is the way Mike can make himself unlovable, but I still "got" what he was saying, dripping acidity and all, he was quite correct that last season was going to be a disaster, no matter how unpopular that made his writing.

Strictly my own .02

BTW a nice "web history" on his part, that is some pretty creative stuff, if one can get past the Bee's stinger, there is some honey hidden back there.

16. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Molesting bees ? Aren't you on probation for that? :escape:

17. vt_dolfan

Oohhhhhhh....Noooooooooossssss!!! LoL. Who ever said men dont have to suffer!!!!

18. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Well, they say practice makes perfect...and one must be perfect to be considered a master.:thumbup:

19. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I agree actually

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=FUYjD7A75HQ"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FUYjD7A75HQ[/ame]

I think this man disagrees with you.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  21. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    As much as I argue with Mike...just cause he is ALWAYS wrong, and I am ALWAYS right.....it is refreshing to see him post....

Oh and can he argue...man oh man can he argue.

22. vt_dolfan

Why did the "honey" line come off sound....really....really....icky?

23. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Who are you and what did you do to Lobo??????:huh1:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  24. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    You do realize, that by far is the MOST painfull part of all of this for me...

Well that and I had 7,000 posts and almost 350 thanks built up....

25. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I had a good amount too, mostly pity thanks though. But like pity sex, take that b*** and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. :hi5:

26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Of course not, don't be ridiculous, only mammalians are covered in the criminal code, smearing honey on ...ahh..I think I'll be quite now.....:escape:

27. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Tell me about it, I had Desides on the hook for 1,000 FH dollars that we would not be taking Fred Davis at #32....

28. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    well im confused, but i'm here!! does that count?? :P

finswin56 likes this.
  29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :hi5:

30. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It probably shouldn't....

.....j/k welcome aboard.

31. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    :woot:

32. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    dirty redsox.............. what? Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy buuuuuuuuuddyyyyy......

33. finsgirlie

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    YOURE FIREDDDDD!!!

34. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    :hi5: Mandy.

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I have no good comebacks for the previous 2 posts that were directed towards me.

36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    So who do I have to sleep with to become considered elite? Ill do it, because you know me, I got the eye of the tiger........

37. finsgirlie

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    aha i have achieved my directive.

celt?? :lol:

38. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    He may have my body but never my soul

Ok I'm going to stop now.............

39. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    You should be by your man!!!!:huh:

40. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Just Analogies gone wild VT.

Mike does have some incites (pun unavoidable), he dishes them out in the manner that Dan Akroyd once told Jane Hall, "Jane, you ignorant ****" after a time, no matter the off beat insight, the opinions just become too expensive to buy in to.

Much of what was discussed vis a vis Triumph the Insult Dolphin Fan revolved around the FH premium board, and I really couldn't say how verbose he ever became there.

YMMV VT.