1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HW Question

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Seeking Answers, Mar 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Seeking Answers

Seeking Answers New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    I have a midterm and my topic is this
    You are to write 3-5 page article review on trends in public administration (double-spaced) from a recognized academic journal, e.g., Public Administration Review, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, or State and Local Government Review.

what can i write about? What type of article can i review?

2. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    It appears that those journals are not open access. If you are in a public university, your school probably will have access through your library. If not, let me know when you find an article you are interested in and I will see if I can get access through the University of Idaho for you.

As for what kind of article, are you are being asked to write a review of a specific paper that you find interesting or are you being asked to write a "review paper" on trends? If the later is the case, you will need to find two to three papers that deal with public administration and write a review that summarizes those papers to show a trend in the papers concerning public administration.

The Rev and cnc66 like this.
  3. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    So for your research did they tell you where to get your information. Like Celtkin said if it is through your school it will be in your library (via website). For academic journals I always found EBSCO to be the easiest source but there are others. Also I agree with Celtkin on how to approach the paper. :yes:

cnc66 likes this.
  4. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I don't know public administration from bupkus, but my first piece of advice -- assuming you are aware of said trends -- is to pick ONE trend to write on. That will help you narrow your research focus.

Celtkin likes this.