1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyde 5 - 5 Questions entering Camp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    "1. Will Branden Albert and DeVante Parker get healthy? Publicly, the Dolphins profess nothing but optimism about this. Privately, there are concerns about Parker, especially, and fears he'll start the season on the PUP (missing the first six games)."

Yikes.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde-blog/sfl-hyde5-my-five-questions-of-dolphins-camp-parker-s-health-20150729-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DaveHyde-blog+%28Dave+Hyde+%7C+Sun+Sentinel+blogs%29

2. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Hopefully Parker will have a full recovery but there has to be concern when he makes his living running routes in the NFL and he is coming off his second foot injury in the past year. While he played well once he returned to the field for Louisville last year. He missed the first seven games with a foot injury.

I just hope he doesn't turn into the Dolphins next Yatil Green. A former first round draft pick who had the size and speed to be a difference maker at the WR position, but just never could overcome his injuries once he became an NFL WR.

3. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If Parker doesn't make it back by week 1 (I think he will), the nice thing is is that Miami's got a veteran in Greg Jennings who can play all 3 receiver spots and you still have Rishard Matthews as a backup if you don't trade/cut him in advance.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  4. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Obviously Parker is our #1 pick, but in my mind he is really our 4th wr. Jennings has tons of experience and can play all three positions as Ronin mentioned and he is savvy. This will be Stills 3rd year in the league and while there will be some learning curve on the offense he is a veteran, a pro. Landry's 2nd year in the league and offense and we know he's been working his butt off. Honestly, Parker may be able to do some things that they can't due to his size, but he's not our #1 wr at this stage. And throw Cameron in the mix, who I am personally in love with, and Parker is going to have to earn every ball thrown his way.

5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans

Excellent point. Gotta remember he's our #4 WR. Let's take our time with him and his development.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well Omar Kelly finally get some things right in his camp coverage projections?

7. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Highly doubtful.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I loved Parker coming out and had many debates here this offseason about him, but if I knew he had to go under the knife on the same injury for a three month rehab, things might of been different..

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Why is that? His surgery was minor and corrected an ill fitting screw. I'll trade 6 games of the regular season (worst case scenario it sounds like) for a potential pro bowl career. Besides, who else could we have taken at 14? Melvin Gordon? I'd rather have Parker and Ajayi and delay Christmas for a little bit.

EverFin likes this.
  10. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    So we spent our first pick on a guy who'll be the 4th or 5th option in the passing game? Yikes.

11. scotty_irnbru

scotty_irnbru Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Dundee, Scotland
    Ah the trademark LBSFINEST ray of sunshine. He's clearly saying short term pain for long term gain.

It's a good idea. Let him heal and then bring him along at his pace. Beckham Jr missed the first 4 games of last season. No stress if Parker does the same .

12. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    Didnt really want Parker coming out of the draft. A ton of experts were comparing his game to Hakeem Nicks and Hakeem Nicks was never a true #1 WR even before his foot injury that derailed his career to a #3 or 4 WR (which is the same exact injury Parker is dealing with, which terrifies me) I would of taken a cerebral talent like Gordon at that pick but at least Ryan Tannehill has no more excuses, its put up or shutup time. Go Fins!

13. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    once again you show your lack of ability to see the big picture. way to be consistent.

14. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Hickey & Philbin might not be here long term....if Parker is slow to contribute and we don't make the playoffs, you could certainly argue the men on the hot seat should've taken someone who would've made more of an impact right away.