1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyde article..Miami's' an underdog at home, expects 20,000 empties.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 14, 2012.

1. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    Well we know Jeff Fisher wasn't hired simply because he wanted the final call on personnel, so I don't know why we would assume that Joe Philbin, a first-time head coach with none of track record Fisher has, would have that, or that Philbin would somehow have Ross's ear about the job Ireland is doing.

I think Carl Peterson as Stephen Ross's consultant, not Joe Philbin, is evaluating Jeff Ireland. If Ross is hearing from anyone about the job Ireland is doing, it'll be Peterson.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Doc..you don't think Philbins next victim could be ireland?..

theres a new sheriff in town..lol

3. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    Are you wasted? :)

4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]
    :lol:

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol..not wasted..but that's funny.

6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Sorry Deej, that one was kinda phoned in...

7. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    All I have to do is sleep. Get drunk again tomorrow after church and watch the Dolphins beat the Raiders.
    Game plans aren't tough let's hope Sherman takes notice.

8. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    is this the first time you ever wrote this in here....honestly i had no idea....:rolleyes:

9. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i dont know where you got that from he has played 3 years in this league now played all 16 games his first and last year and missed 4 games in between, thats a whole lot better than "injured constantly"

10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

You cannot objectively look at Royal's and Naanee's careers and say they are anywhere close to equal talents.

I don't agree with you about Bess being better than Meachem. If Bess had been in Meachem's place in the Saints WRs corps, with Henderson, Colston, and Moore, he'd have been no more productive than Meachem was, if even as good. Meachem's productivity was directly effected by surrounding talent. Anyone should be able to have seen that.

You can try to rationalize it anyway you want, but the fact of the matter is, the Chargers replacing Jackson with Meachem and Royal is much closer to replacing talent with talent, than the Dolphins replacing Marshall with Naanee and Johnson. If that's the best Ireland could do, it is a glaring example of his incompetency.

For you to damn Floyd with such faint praise as "might be better than any of our receivers" is positively laughable.

PSG likes this.
  11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Not to say I would't want Royal or Meachem but I will say there is no way Meachem is "better" than Bess. They have different styles completely but at the end of the day I can't say Robert is better. They are pretty equal. I'd prefer Meachem + Royal over Naanee and Hartline for sure.

However I don't understand. How exactly do you know if we did or didn't try to sign anyone at WR? Not everything gets reported and its possible a lot of players had specific destinations in mind.