1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hypothetical on the roy williams trade

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by anlgp, Nov 9, 2008.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

We all know that Dallas traded a 1,3 & a 6 to get him.

My hypothetical is this: if you could get any wide receiver in the history of the NFL and ONLY that receiver for these picks would you do it? If you do not take the picks the next draft class is a stud class all the way around the board. The receiver would be the same age Roy WIlliams is and he would have the stats he has at that point in his career. The rest of your team is similar to the cowboys in nature.

-

I do not make this trade. I go through the year with the receiving corps I have at this point and make some changes in players in the offseason. I don't know enough about dallas and what their needs are but I would build up the weak positions (note: the team :D) and go from there.

Your thoughts?

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Well, I probably wouldn't make the trade but I would consider it if it were a guy like Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, or Andre Johnson and WR is the sole missing piece.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Considering that WR is not a huge trouble spot for them, it was a baffling trade. Especially for the price. I mean, if your a contender whos lacking any kind of WR maybe, but they werent.

They traded half their draft for a #2 WR when the rest of their team was falling apart. And say what you want about Jerreh, hes usually pretty savvy in terms of managing the draft. This was pretty inexplicable though.

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    My thoughts?

Jerra is an idiot for making the trade. Roy Williams has done absolutely NOTHING, their defense has been really struggling, the Offensive line is not good and all this does is put TO in a "Oh Wo is me" frame of mind. We are watching what couldve been a really good Dallas squad implode right before our very eyes.....and I love it.

Now then, I could make this trade for ANY WR? Sure, I would trade for Jerry Rice without even blinking....

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't make the trade. New England proved that a team could win the Superbowl with no star and dominant Wide Receiver. Save the draft picks. I think a owner would be dumb, assuming he knew he could get that same production through the draft, to make that trade.