1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am a little worried about parcells and co

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bran, Jan 15, 2008.

1. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i mean i love bringing in parcells and i like the raiding of the cowboys, but do you think we should be worrying about the long term?

i mean what happens in 4 years when the phins are turned around and parcells leaves? what about all the people who came here because tuna is here?

do they leave too and the dolphins go back to the dreadful hirings and signings that have brought us to where we are now

i am not trying to complain, i love how the dolphins have direction for the first time in a while, but i just hope that direction continues past parcells tenure

2. Dolphins13Fan

Dolphins13Fan New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I doubt it. I have a feeling Parcells's next departure will be in to retirement. By that point, Sparano (or whoever the coach is) and Ireland will basically have the team to themselves, without Parcells' shadow looming large.

3. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    you worry about htat when the time comes. If u look at life that way ur in for some long depression sessions my friend. Its good to think ahead but not that far ahead.

4. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    are you suggesting we shouldnt have hired him? Who else would you prefer?

5. big0mar

big0mar New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    nothing lasts forever

6. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    no read my comment again, i said i loved the hiring of bill, it is not bill it is the people who are coming to miami to work for bill

7. DeeperImage

DeeperImage New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    We thought Saban was going to be our next Shula. Look how long that lasted. If he stays 4 years, he will have put good people in place that will continue his work.

8. mrencinas

mrencinas New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    if he ends up leaving then we are left in the same position as the cowboys. Loaded with talent and ready to contend.

DeeperImage likes this.
  9. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    i think if we are turned around then they will stay who doesnt want to be apart of a winning Team

10. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    took the words right out of my mouth

11. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i understand that

but to me this is not about bill, it is more to do about the coaches in 4 years the phins should be about turned around what happens if they pick it up and leave because bill is not here?

you can have all the talent in the world and not have someone lead it

i know i am looking 4 years into the future but in terms of where the dolphins will be i think it is a very pivotal point, because by that time they should be ready to take the next step, i just dont want the dolphins losing their rutter and start treading water again

12. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey

by then he would have already left his stamp and changed the focus and identity of the franchise. The coaches would be part of that. I dnt think he leaves then and continues to biuld onit. Now the assistant, assistants leave every year. there is no way around that

13. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    the tuna is the best we have had in a long time, if he cant build it then we are in for alot of losing

14. Phinja

Phinja New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I dont see Tuna bolting on the Phins like he has in teams past. You have to remember he is in a much different role in his new position. He gets to pick the players, watch the young talent develop, and field a winning team. All while getting the "Parcells is a genius" talk he likes so much, with none of the late nights and headaches that come from being a head coach.

15. houtz

houtz New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Once he has his guys in place if he choses to leave that's on him. I can only hope we're like the Cowboys in a few years.

16. sleek

sleek Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I feel exactly the same man. I mean we are looking 4 years down the road but I feel that is a good thing to do if we want any long term success.You have to be two steps ahead in this league.My hope is that if we are successful Wayne showers Parcells with so much money he stays longer than 4 years, if he leaves we are in trouble IMO because Wayne just doesn't have the knowledge of the game to hold the pieces in place.

17. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    see what direction you need to go when that time comes. We need to get better before we can get worse again.

18. ac_lanham

ac_lanham Junior Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I think if Parcells does leave, then he rides off in the sunset for good and then hopefully we'll be contenders and then maybe Jeff Ireland can take his vacated position. I thought I read somewhere, maybe PFT, that Parcells was given a small piece of ownership in the team. I can't see him retaining that ownership while being a part of another team unless he sells it.

19. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Four years from now it'll be 2012, by the time we'll be making preparations for Armageddon. :)

20. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    it is not about parcells to me, it is about what happens around 4 years when the phins should be contenders and sprano/ireland who came to miami in part to work for parcells just leave the phins

i like sprano and i like the ireland hirings but you have to think ahead, they very well could stay and everything could be fine, then again if they leave and the phins have to find another coach another gm etc we could be back to square one

i know this is four years down the road but you have to stay ahead, you have to think ahead, that is one of the problems we have had up to now
    i just hope they stay i could care less if assistants go, i want the core to stay for the long run

21. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    haha!! come on man... You know I just got done watching "supersize me" and at the end when it shows McDonalds tombstone the years are 1957-2012. Wierd