1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am Excited About The Wildcat - 2011 Edition

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Jul 31, 2011.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Last year, the Wildcat was an abortion. It was a drive-killer. Teams knew how to gamplan against it. They knew Ronnie's arm was not a threat. It did not yield great gains.

However, this upcoming year, it looks like Daniel Thomas will be the Wildcat trigger-man (forgive me for not knowing the real terminology). Daniel Thomas was a Juco QB. He's gotta have a better arm than Ronnie, right? Taking Ricky's sweep position will be Reggie Bush! You know the weak-side DE is gonna stay at home if he sees Reggie in motion and even thinks there's a chance that Daniel Thomas is going to hand him the ball.

Am I being a homer? Does anyone think the 2011 version of the Wildcat will be a serious upgrade over the 2010 version?

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, we just have to wait and see, what has me a bit geeked up is how creatively Daboll used Cribbs in Cleveland, we have 3 guys who can do that for us in Bush, Beast, Thomas, the WC is just a bonus, and even then they have to find out if DTrain can throw an accurate pass.

TiP54 likes this.
  3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Bush's ability to cut on a dime could be very devastating defense during the wildcat as the swingman.

4. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    not sold the WC will get any significant play this year .... even with DTs potential ability to throw the ball.

Seems we have better parts now to make it work (aka R&R) ....

would submit that IF the new additions play even 'average' ... our 'chunk' yardage plays should go up significantly -- which should preclude the need for trickery.

we'll see of course, but i'm just not a fan of seeing the QB run off field and then back on a play later

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Wildcat?? huh, what??.

Let's put the facts together..

He made a star out of a player who was capable running it..Cribbs.

He absolutely uses it in his scheme..at appropriate times as far as I can tell.

We drafted a running back who executed it in college, who actually has the prototype size and skillset to execute it...Large running back with good feet, and real the ability to throw the football..

We drafted a running back that was recruited in college as a QB..

Were the Miami Dolphins, we started this game.

The diverse skillset of reggie Bush is on our team.

Its not going away in this league, its only getting stronger..

me likey..

We better practice it, cause the bills are gonna do some crazy Sh%$ this year..

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, Bills are going to use Brad Smith like "Kordell Stewart II" which is really their best plan, as a great athlete can destroy even the best of schemes.

7. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Last year's version of the WildCat would have been more appropriately called the P#$$yCat...with strong emphasis on first five letters.

8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    The key point in my opinion. I'm fine with the wildcat when there's some intelligence behind scheming it.