1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I can enjoy football anymore...

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Jan 24, 2010.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    as some of you know my family is full of Viking fans so I have to endure the **** storm after a huge let down. This year as no different my family is very emotional mainly my Dad and brother they make life miserable on Sunday's today was no different as the Vikings went out basically in normal Vikings fashion choking but as my Dad and brother realize their choking ways they always leave a glimmer of hope and it ****s them over and when that happens life is miserable for awhile this loss I think might have been the final straw in the long line of meltdowns this Saints loss was worse than 98. Its now to the point with me I dread Sunday's because if the Vikings lose it will totally ruin the day and maybe a few days after.

Safe to say this day was garbage. I only root for the Vikings because I want my family to be happy call me selfish but I hate seeing this side to my family its sick that they let games get like this but then again I haven't experienced 40 years of let down. I'm not sure if I can continue to enjoy football. I love it so much but to see it I would give it all up just for this **** not to happen.

I needed to let this out.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

tell them if they don't wanna be so pissed when the vikings lose they need a better team.

also tell them they haven't been thru 1-15 like you have and GTFO :lol:

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    There are more important things out there. They shouldn't let one loss bring them down too far...I mean no matter what happens we wake up tomorrow and go through our days. Every team can't win the superbowl every year, and so we need to realize that.

We all want our family to be happy, but I have to say if they are ruining your day/life over football...it's time to ignore those moodswings and let yourself enjoy what you enjoy.

4. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    The problem is my dad has invested so much emotionally that he lets it affect his life which I cannot understand maybe its because I haven't been a fan of Miami for so long to understand but its down right bad right now.

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    blow them off dude. who cares if they talk ****?? trust me I know this, i come from a family of cowboy fans and no one talks as much **** as cowboy fans......... but in the end ive learned to not talk **** to them, and theyve learned to not talk **** to me as they get no emotional reaction out of me.

6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    ITs not so much talking **** as its my ****ing team lost so I'm going to make everyone around me miserable and unapproachable and do rash stupid ****. I feel bad for my mom having to put up with this ****.

7. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Could be worse. You could live in a house full of Jets fans....

8. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    But they have won superbowls. The Vikings have never won a superbowl and have had years of choking. Sure Jet fans are obnoxious but their loss is no were near a loss of this caliber.

9. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    then dont be miserable dude. Look I understand people take this stuff real seriously. Hey I get down also believe it or not, but in the end bro how you react is up to you, what you rank as more important is up to you.
    I used to get mad and sad and all that, but one day I thought to myself, hey at least I got to watch them play, at least I got one sunday two hours to not worry about anything except the dolphins winning or losing. I think if you look at the world as it is bro, you'll find out that there are greater tragedies in the world. Does that mean you shouldn't feel anything of course not. Does that mean though that when you feel whatever you feel you can't maybe check your feelings, and calm down a bit, no also. Sounds like you just need to learn to control your feelings. Is that easy, no. But hey if it was easy everyone would do it right?

dolphindebby and BuckeyeKing like this.
  10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Sadly sometimes people need a real "crisis" to happen before they realize their current one isnt so bad :no:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  11. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That's some of the most immature **** I've heard in a long time.

Tell them to grow up and get on with thier lives.

The reason you don't take it so hard when Miami loses is because you're a grown man who realizes that football is a ****ing game, not the be-all end-all of life.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  12. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007

Oh I know I shouldn't let it affect me but it does and thats the sad part letting a sporting event effect if I'm happy or depressed. I have actually gotten alot better during the season kast few years I would get so worked up no were near the level of my dad or brother but worked up nonetheless. The Colt game killed me ever since that Colt game I was calm as can be. Having family that can't control these emotions really puts a damper on things.

I don't know how clear I'm making this.

13. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    haha man I have but they treat it like a life or death situation and its sad.

14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That is sad. Be glad that you can see the difference.

Maybe it'll dawn on them one day. Until then, I'd just laugh them off and tell them how ridiculous they're being.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  15. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I've loved the Dolphins forever.
    But, even at my lowest after a loss, I don't take it out on my family.
    They usually know how I'm feeling and leave me alone.
    You need to try to ignore this as much as you can.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  16. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I understand bro. LIke I said I've been there, but all you can do is as my grandpa likes to say, let it roll of your back like a duck. (apparently water rolls of their backs or something :lol:) Its tough, its not right, it sucks, but if you want to keep ur relationship with both bro and dad and your mom, you'll learn just to blow it all off.
    Case in point, my moms kicked me out of the house when i was 20. Said some ****ed up ****, and I was upset and I left. My grandpa said look shes your mom, you love her, just let it roll of your back, like a duck. And I've learned to deal with it. Being walking away, or just saying I don't want to hear it and walking away, or just ignoring whatever.

17. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    give them some time man
    things will be better in the morning
    its just football
    please dont give up on it

jetssuck and BuckeyeKing like this.
  18. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Well obviously watching it happen has had an effect on you and it's caused you to take a step back and realize how ridiculous it is to get that carried away...so if nothing else you've learned from it.

I think you're only option is to just set a calmer example....maybe over time the others will notice and it will cause them to take a better look at themselves and how they are acting.

I feel for ya bro, hope things get better

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  19. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I see that kind of behavior around here regarding Ohio State and Michigan, the Browns, etc. I am not sure how people can miss the fact these are games being played for entertainment! Yet, sadly, they miss that all the time.

I love it when my local HS, the USF Bulls, and our beloved Fins all win on a weekend. I may even walk into the office happier on Monday morning but after five minutes, I am dealing with the realities of peoples lives and move forward.

I congratulate you BK for recognizing your family's limitations and wish you the best. Feel free to vent here when it gets too bad!

dolphindebby and BuckeyeKing like this.
  20. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    sorry you gotta go through that man. at some point you and your mom should talk, and maybe confront your dad and brother.

i feel guilty during football season for essentially killing every Sunday afternoon for the 4 months that it lasts. but you cant take losses out on you family. that is so wrong. after a loss, theres nothing that soothes me like a big hug from my daughter.

its bad enough to let the other team and their fans win or get one over on you. but when they get you to take it out on your reality, your family...its the ultimate loss and failure. maybe explain that to them.

21. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Ive said it my Mom said it but I think football is an outlet for something bigger for him and he uses football as an excuse. I have to make it clear that my dad never acts like this like he got drunk because of the loss he never gets drunk it was just one of those day's though.

I think he took what he did as a wake up call.